London EC1V 0HB
I am currently studying part-time for my PhD investigating food policy related to English Food markets. Through a number of regional case studies I am researching the roles of consumers, traders, market managers and local authorities to establish how aspects of unstructured retailing contribute to the modern food system. This is important for retail-centric food policy as often food markets are over-looked as a result of an over-focus on multiple food retailers. At a time of increasing food supply chain uncertainty due to Brexit my study will provide insights in to the increasingly important role of markets.
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, Sep 2017
- MSc Food Policy, City, University London, United Kingdom, 2009 – 2010
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, Mar 2007
- MA Learning and Development, University of Brighton, United Kingdom, 2007 – 2010
- Certificate in Research Methodology, University of Brighton, United Kingdom, May 2000
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Brighton, Brighton, United Kingdom, Sep 2000
- External Examiner, University of Portsmouth, Jun 2017 – present
- Principle Lecturer Retail and Food Studies, University of Brighton, May 2000 – present
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Europe - Western