London EC1V 0HB
Evangelia Tomara is a PhD student at City, University of London. Her research focuses on political competition and party strategy, specifically on the role of innovation in the rise of challenger parties across Europe. Her research interests include political communication, rhetoric and political branding. Drawing on her professional experience as a journalist and academic background in mass media and communication studies, she developed a strong interest in the complex interaction of media and political decision-making as well as in the cognitive and affective aspects of political behaviour.
- MA International Politics, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Sep 2016
- BA Communication and Mass Media Studies, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, Sep 2009 – Oct 2014
- Quantitative Text Analysis, University of Essex, United Kingdom, Jul 2020
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City, University London, Sep 2020 – present
- Ad Hoc Researcher, European Communication Institute, Oct 2018 – Aug 2019
- Journalist & Senior Editor, Kathimerini Daily Newspaper, Oct 2013 – Sep 2019
- Research Assistant, Laboratory for Social Research in the Media, University of Athens, Oct 2009 – Oct 2014
- Journalist Fellowship Summer School, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Oxford University, Jul 2019
Memberships of professional organisations
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Oct 2021 – present
English, German and Greek, Modern (1453-).
- Europe - Southern