London EC1V 0HB
Evangelia Tomara is a PhD student at City, University of London. Her research focuses on party politics and political marketing, specifically on the role of branding in the rise of challenger parties across Europe. Her research interests include political communication, party competition and campaigning. Drawing on her professional experience as a former full-time journalist and academic background in media studies, she developed a strong interest in the complex interaction of media and political decision-making as well as in cognitive and affective aspects of political behaviour. She has also been trained by Google News Lab and European Parliament in fact-checking and fighting disinformation.
- MA International Politics, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Sep 2016
- BA Communication and Mass Media Studies, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, Sep 2009 – Oct 2014
- Introductory Certificate in Academic Practice, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Oct 2021
- Introduction to Quantitative Text Analysis, University of Essex, United Kingdom, Jul 2020
- Journalist Summer Fellow, Oxford University, United Kingdom, Jul 2019
- Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing and Social Media, Athens University of Economics and Business, Athens, Greece, Feb 2018
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City, University London, Sep 2020 – present
- Researcher, European Communication Institute, Oct 2018 – Aug 2019
- Multimedia Journalist & Senior Editor, Kathimerini Daily Newspaper, Oct 2013 – Sep 2019
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Laboratory for Social Research in the Media, University of Athens, Oct 2009 – Oct 2014
Memberships of professional organisations
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Oct 2021 – present
English, German and Greek, Modern (1453-).
- Europe - Southern