- Mejía-Mejía, E., Budidha, K., Abay, T.Y., May, J.M. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2020). Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and Pulse Rate Variability (PRV) for the Assessment of Autonomic Responses. Frontiers in Physiology, 11. doi:10.3389/fphys.2020.00779.
- Mejia-Mejia, E., May, J.M., Torres, R. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2020). Pulse rate variability in cardiovascular health: A review on its applications and relationship with heart rate variability. Physiological Measurement, 41(7). doi:10.1088/1361-6579/ab998c.
- Mejia-Mejia, E., Torres, R. and Restrepo, D. (2019). Assessment of high coherent states using heart rate variability, pulse transit time and respiratory signals. Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, 5(4). doi:10.1088/2057-1976/ab2173.
- Mejía-Mejía, E., Torres, R. and Restrepo, D. (2018). Physiological coherence in healthy volunteers during laboratory-induced stress and controlled breathing. Psychophysiology, 55(6). doi:10.1111/psyp.13046.
- Torres, R., López-Isaza, S., Mejía-Mejía, E., Paniagua, V. and González, V. (2017). Low-power system for the acquisition of the respiratory signal of neonates using diaphragmatic electromyography. Medical Devices: Evidence and Research, Volume 10, pp. 47–52. doi:10.2147/mder.s125425.
London EC1V 0HB
Biomedical Engineer from Medellín, Colombia. With experience in research and teaching.
Currently undergoing PhD studies in Biomedical Engineering, with special focus on biomedical signal processing and data analysis.
- MSc Biomedical Engineering, Universidad EIA, Colombia, Jul 2015 – Dec 2017
- Biomedical Engineer, Universidad EIA, Colombia, Jan 2009 – Dec 2014
- Lecturer, Universidad EIA, Aug 2018 – Sep 2019
- PhD student, City, University of London, Jan 2018 – present
- Researcher, Universidad EIA, Nov 2014 – Aug 2018
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Spanish - Latin American (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
Publications by category
- Villa-Arango, S., Mejia Mejia, E., Gómez, J.M., Uribe, S. and Torres, R. (2017). Pressure Monitor in Endotracheal Cuff for Effective Intubation of Patients. VII Latin American Congress on Biomedical Engineering CLAIB 2016 26 Oct 2016 – 28 Oct 2016, Bucaramanga, Santander, Colombia.