- Tugwell, J., Everton, C., Kingma, A., Oomkens, D.M., Pereira, G.A., Pimentinha, D.B. … Hogg, P. (2014). Increasing source to image distance for AP pelvis imaging – Impact on radiation dose and image quality. Radiography, 20(4), pp. 351–355. doi:10.1016/j.radi.2014.05.012.
London EC1V 0HB
Charlie qualified as a diagnostic radiographer in 2015 from the University of Salford. During her undergraduate degree Charlie was involved in a number of international research projects with the Erasmus Optimax program developing a passion for practitioner led research.
Charlie worked as a radiographer at The Royal Bournemouth Hospital for a number of years before training in Medical Ultrasound at City, University of London and is now progressing her studies with an interest in patient centred imaging.
- Postgraduate Diploma - Medical Ultrasound, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 2018 – Mar 2020
- MSc Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, Sep 2017 – Jul 2018
- BSc Diagnostic Radiography, University of Salford, United Kingdom, Sep 2012 – Jun 2015
- PhD Student, City, University of London, Oct 2020 – present
- Sonographer, Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Jun 2015 – present
Title of thesis: Working Title – Experience Based Co-Design (EBCD) of Patient Centred Ultrasound Reports
Summary of research
This study aims to improve patient understanding of ultrasound scan reports by engaging with Sonographers and patients to co-design interventions.
- Dr Jane Chudleigh, Reader in Child's Health
- Dr Soph Willis, Senior Lecturer
Publications by category
- Everton, C., Bird, S., Brito, W., Collé, P., Franco, A., Lutjeber, S. … Angmorterh, S. (2015). Review article – The effects of clinical support surfaces on pressure as a risk factor in the development of pressure ulcers, from a radiographical perspective: a narrative literature review. In Hogg, P. and Lança, L. (Eds.), Radiation Dose and Image Quality Optimisation in Medical Imaging OPTIMAX 2014, Lisbon (pp. 69–74). ISBN 978-1-907842-60-3.
- Everton, C., Bird, S., Brito, W., Collé, P., Franco, A., Lutjeber, S. … Angmorterh, S. (2015). Experimental article – An experimental study to compare the interface pressure and experience of healthy participants when lying still for
20 minutes in a supine position on two different imaging surfaces. In Hogg, P. and Lança, L. (Eds.), Radiation Dose and Image Quality Optimisation in Medical Imaging OPTIMAX 2014, Lisbon (pp. 75–80). ISBN 978-1-907842-60-3.
- Everton, C., Bird, S., Brito, W., Collé, P., Franco, A., Lutjeber, S. … Angmorterh, S. (2015). Radiological perspective of the formation of pressure ulcers - a comparison of pressure and experience on two imaging surfaces. European Congress of Radiology 4-8 March, Vienna.
- BMUS. (Conference) Manchester (2018).
Paper: Qualified Healthcare Practitioner Promoted to Student: An Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis of the impact of Job Characteristics on Motivation for the Student Sonographer
Author: Rogers, C