- Pelliconi, A.M. (2021). Unexpected Maritime Crossroads. The ‘duty to rescue’ and the human rights content of the Law of the Sea. International Review of Human Rights Law, (Sixth).
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2020). Migrants at Sea and the implications of the “duty to rescue”: human rights perspectives in the light of the Italian case-law. Il Diritto Marittimo, 3/2020, pp. 621–638.
- Pelliconi, A.M. and Goldoni, M. (2020). La banalità dei porti chiusi per decreto. Osservazioni sui profili di legittimità del decreto interministeriale 150/2020. Diritto, Immigrazione e Cittadinanza, 2/2020, pp. 218–231.
- Pelliconi, A. (2019). From Internal to Extra-Territorial Administrative Detention of Migrants. Federalismi.it - Focus Human Rights, 1(2019).
- Pelliconi, A. (2018). Comment to the sentence of the European Court of Human Rights, Grand Chamber, G.I.E.M. S.R.L. and others v. Italy (Rec. NN. 1828/06, 34163/07 E 19029/11). Giustizia - Rivista della Scuola Forense V. E. Orlando.
- Pelliconi, A. (2018). La pornografia minorile nella sfera privata e il reato di pedopornografia virtuale. Considerazioni critiche alla luce di Cass. Pen., Sez. III, Sent. N. 22265/2017. Giustizia - Rivista della Scuola Forense V. E. Orlando.
London EC1V 0HB
Andrea's research focuses on demographic engineering and its social and human rights impact under international law. She specialises in human rights, migration, and international criminal law.
She is a beneficiary of the City Law School's 3-year full doctoral scholarship, and of the 2022 Funds for Women Graduates (FfWG) doctoral grant. Andrea works as a GTA at City and contributed to several research projects led by members of City's International Law and Affairs Group (ILAG). Andrea also worked as an Associate Lecturer at Herts and LSE.
In 2022, Andrea held a Young Investigator Training Program (YITP) Fellowship by the European Society of International Law (ESIL) and the University of Catania, under which she spent one month as a visiting fellow at the University of Bologna, Alma Mater Studiorum. Between January and May 2023, Andrea visited the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law in Luxembourg.
Andrea graduated in Law at Bocconi University, with a major in Public International Law, and holds an advanced Master in Human Rights from Sapienza University. Before joining City, Andrea trained as lawyer and worked internationally for law firms and INGOs. Andrea is a qualified lawyer at the Italian Bar Association of Rome.
- Advanced Master in International Protection of Human Rights, Sapienza University, Italy, Jan – Dec 2018
- Combined Bachelor and Master of Law, Bocconi University, Italy, Sep 2011 – Apr 2017
- Diploma in International Humanitarian Law, Geneva University, Switzerland
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom
- Teaching Public International Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, United Kingdom
- Diploma in International Criminal Law, Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights
- Associate Lecturer - EU Law, London School of Economics and Political Science, Sep 2022 – Jun 2023
- Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant - International Human Rights Law (2021/23); International Criminal Law (2022/23); Foundations of EU Law (2020/21); Academic Writing & Research (2021/22), City, University of London, Jan 2021 – Apr 2023
- Visiting Lecturer - EU Law, University of Hertfordshire, Dec 2020 – Aug 2021
- Researcher (PT), Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Sep 2020 – Jan 2023
- Guest Lecturer, Sapienza University, Apr – May 2019
- Legal Research Fellow, International Bar Association's Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI), Jan – May 2019
- Trainee Lawyer (now qualified), EPV Law Firm, Sep 2017 – Dec 2018
- Intern, Azmi & Associates, Jun – Aug 2017
- Intern, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sep – Nov 2015
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can read), Italian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Portuguese (can read) and Spanish; Castilian (can read, speak and understand spoken).
Publications by category
Internet publications (4)
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2022). The Trilateral Agreement between Turkey, Finland and Sweden and the Silence of Human Rights: The Need to Apply the MoU in Light of Human Rights and Refugee Law Protections. Ejil:Talk!.
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2021). Denial of Right of Return and Demographic Engineering as Potential Crimes Against Humanity.
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2021). Covid-19 and migrant workers – new problems in old clothes. IMISCOE PhD Blog.
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2020). Covid-19: Italy is not a “place of safety” anymore. Is the decision to close Italian ports compliant with human rights obligations? EJIL:Talk!.
Journal articles (6)
- Galassini D'Elia, S.A., Pelliconi, A., Mele, C., De Gregorio, F.S., Gallotti, G., Passaniti, G. … Biondi, V. (2018). How have the recommendations of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance and of national human rights bodies concerning the integration of migrants been implemented by Italy? ELSA - European Law Students Association.
- Pelliconi, A.M., Odermatt, J. and Wessel, R.A. (2020). The European Union’s External Action and International Law: A View From the Outside. London, UK: The City Law School.