London EC1V 0HB
Rae Bowdler, Senior Educational Technologist, Learning Enhancement and Development
Rae began her career in Education as a Careers and Placement Manager at Newman University. After 7 years of working in the field of Careers and Professional Development and whilst moving to London, she decided to take a project focussed role that essentially tied a Government initiative known as Personal and Professional Development Planning (PPDP) with E-Learning.
From 2008, she invested more heavily in E-learning. Rae has actively contributed to the initiation, delivery and evaluation of a number of institution wide projects e.g. Personal and Professional Development Planning Initiative 2008-2010, piloting of two new learning spaces at City 2012-2013, The Pod Teaching Equipment Evaluation 2013-2014, Employing the 3E framework to underpin dialogue between module teams in the use of student-led activities 2013 and the Evaluation of Atkin Lecture Theatre 2017.
Rae has also gained a Master’s in Academic Practice from City where she explored the idea of Self-Directed Learning in students using a sample of the schools at City. In her current role as Senior Educational Technologist and Project Lead, Rae is currently managing projects to do with Technology Enhanced Learning and Learning Analytics. Rae also has several professional qualifications on Coaching and Career development as well as a Law degree.
Expertise and areas of interest
- Project management of Technology Enhanced Learning
- Facilitating teamwork within groups
- Tools that enable communication for project teams
- Facilitating a coaching style of leadership in project-based work
- Learning Analytics
- Blended/Online Learning
- Learning Spaces development and evaluation
- Coaching and Career/Professional Development
Internal committee memberships
- Project lead on LEaD project focused on enhancing the Technology Enhanced Learning Input in LEaD’s Masters in Academic Practice Programme
- Designed and evaluated two new learning spaces at City
- Co-chair for Classroom Experience initiative and the Learning Spaces specialist Group
- Chair for the Personal and Professional Development Forum
- Project Lead on Atkin Lecture Theatre (ALT) space and technology requirements
External activities and memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- ALT Learning Spaces Special Interest Group