- Hughes, V. (2018). Acute otitis media in infants and children: diagnosis and treatment. Independent Nurse, 2018(10), pp. 25–27. doi:10.12968/indn.2018.10.25.
London EC1V 0HB
Valance is a Registered Nurse & Registered Sick Children's Nurse specialising in paediatrics who joined City University London in 2009. He previously worked at various London hospitals in general paediatrics and adult and paediatric Accident and Emergency.
Valance initially studied at the University of New England, Armidale , N.S.W, Australia i( 1989-91) where his degree was in Health science (Nursing). Upon graduation, Valance worked at the Royal Children's Hospital, Brisbane, obtaining a certificate in paediatrics , specialising in oncology/haematology, in 1995. Valance travelled to the U.K in 1995 and worked in various east London hospitals over the next 14 years.
Valance obtained an MA in Academic Education in 2013 and a PG Diploma in Health and Social Care in 2018. at City, University of London. Valance teaches general paediatrics across the U/G & P/G programs , with interests in Accident and Emergency , Advanced physical assessment , high dependency nursing. and general paediatrics
PGDip Academic Practice.
- Lecturer, City, University London, 2009 – present
Undergraduate and post graduate child nursing program and CPD.
- PNMK modules
- NM3204/NMM084 primary care
- NMM026/078 physical assessment
Publications by category
- Hughes, V. and Ocansey, A. (2019). Developing an interprofessional student learning collaboration using simulation to teach technical and human factors. association for medical education Europe 25-27 August, Vienna, Austria.
Clinical activity (3)
- Link lecturer for acorn children's unit and special care baby unit, Whipps cross hospital
- Link lecturer for rainbow ward and paediatric childrens community team, North Middlesex hospital
- Link lecturer for 6B; theatres; Accident and emergency; 7C(B); PASSU and 7D, Barts Health NHS Trust
- LDC conference (City University London) Shareville - Innovation in learning. (2013).
- Health has got talent (City University London) Shareville. (2013).