London EC1V 0HB
Ursula is the Associate Dean for Postgraduate Taught Studies, CPPD and Workforce Development at City, University of London. Before joining the University in 1999 Ursula worked in a variety of roles in the public, private and voluntary sector specialising in HIV and Palliative care.
Following qualification as a Children's and Adult Nurse, Ursula worked as a Children's Nurse in the Middle East and London. It was during this time that Ursula first began to develop an interest in the care and management of people living with HIV and AIDS, an interest that was to span a 15 year period. During this period of time Ursula worked as a Charge Nurse and later as the Manager of the Residential Services at London on Lighthouse, a world renowned HIV specific voluntary sector organisation in West London and as a Service Manager at St Johns Hospice (Cancer and HIV care) in London. Ursula undertook a Degree in Health Service Management and a Masters in Organisational Behaviour and to enable a career change and move to Education, Ursula returned to the NHS as a Ward Manager of a General Medical ward in London and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Education. Ursula has worked at City University London since February 1999 and during this time has undertaken a number of roles including Lecturer Practitioner in HIV (working as Head of Education at the Mild-May Hospital in East London) and as a HIV Clinical Nurse Specialist in Bromley Primary Care Trust. More recently Ursula has focused on educational developments and programme management including the development and management of the BSc Professional Practice Programme (articulated progression for students on Foundation degree programmes); Link tutor for FE Partner Organisations and lead on programme revalidation for Foundation degrees in Public Service Management and Working with Children and Young People; programme lead for the Foundation Degree in Policing with British Transport Police and City of London Police and Programme Manager Child Health the Child programme lead for the 2012 validated Nursing programme.
- Senior Management Team
- Executive Committee
- PG Forum: Chair
- CPPD/Workforce Development Advisory Committee: Chair
- School of Health Sciences Board of Studies
- Student Experience Committee
- Is a member of a number of committees within the School of Health Sciences
- Royal College of Nursing
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
MSc, PGDip (Education) and BSc (Hons).
Modules taught on:
- CH3001: Work Based Learning
- CH3002: People and Personal Development
- CH3008: Critical and Reflective Practice
- HSM051: Leading and Managing in Professional Practice
- HS2442: Work Based Project
- HS3051: Leading and Managing in Professional Practice (BSc)
- HSM051: Leading and Managing in Professional Practice (PG-Dip)
Ursula is not currently research active having focused on educational development and academic activity. Areas of interest and for future research activity include work-focused learning and personal and professional development in the workplace.
- Educational development and programme management
- Work-based and work-focused approaches to learning
- Personal and professional development in the workplace and in approaches to the assessment of learning
- Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research: Models of care
- Evidence-based care
- Appropriate uses of technology, service change and development
- Professional issues
- The Centre for Recording Achievement: Patch Work Text: 10 years on. (2010).