- Marcoul, I., Campbell, A. and Erich, S. (2012). Constructing Assessment: An Investigation into the Effectiveness of Online Diagnostic Tests to Assess Linguistic Competence. Learning at City Journal, 2(2).
London EC1V 0HB
Svenja is the co-ordinator for exams and assessment in the Centre for Language Studies at City as well as a lecturer for German. She holds an MA in Slavic Studies from the Free University of Berlin in Germany. She also studied Russian as a foreign language at the University of St. Petersburg and the Institute for Railway Engineering in Moscow. She has been trained as a language tutor and holds a Cambridge Certificate of Teaching German to Adults.
Svenja started working at City as a Visiting Lecturer in 1998 and has been in charge of the examination and assessment process since 2009. She organises the end-of-year examinations as well as the re-sits. She provides administrative and student support for the LSP, LBM and LGP classes in French, German, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin and arranges the annual Language Fair in fresher's week every September.
Svenja teaches German for Business courses and German for Media courses within the Specific Purposes Programme. She has also taught on the University's language evening programme.
Her research interests are primarily the summative and formative assessment of foreign language skills with focus on the effectiveness of testing/ developing language skills online. Other research interests include Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies.
Cambridge Certificate of Teaching German to Adults, MA Slavic Studies, Eastern European History, Diploma Russian as a Foreign Language and Certificate Russian as a Foreign Language.
- Exam and Assessment Coordinator, City, University of London, 2009 – 2011
- Visiting lecturer, City Literary Institute, 2004 – 2011
- Visiting lecturer, Bishopsgate Institute, 2003 – 2009
- Visiting lecturer for German, City, University of London, 1998 – 2011