- Mamouei, M., Chatterjee, S., Razban, M., Qassem, M. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2021). Design and analysis of a continuous and non-invasive multi-wavelength optical sensor for measurement of dermal water content. Sensors, 21(6), pp. 1–12. doi:10.3390/s21062162.
- Chatterjee, S., Patel, Z., Thaha, M.A. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2020). In silico and in vivo investigations using an endocavitary photoplethysmography sensor for tissue viability monitoring. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 25(2). doi:10.1117/1.JBO.25.2.027001.
- Budidha, K. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2020). Investigating the origin of photoplethysmography using a multiwavelength monte carlo model. Physiological Measurement, 41(8). doi:10.1088/1361-6579/aba008.
- Chatterjee, S. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2019). Monte carlo analysis of optical interactions in reflectance and transmittance finger photoplethysmography. Sensors (Switzerland), 19(4). doi:10.3390/s19040789.
- Chatterjee, S., Abay, T.Y., Phillips, J.P. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2018). Investigating optical path and differential pathlength factor in reflectance photoplethysmography for the assessment of perfusion. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 23(7). doi:10.1117/1.JBO.23.7.075005.
- Chatterjee, S., Phillips, J.P. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2016). Monte Carlo investigation of the effect of blood volume and oxygen saturation on optical path in reflectance pulse oximetry. Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, 2(6). doi:10.1088/2057-1976/2/6/065018.
- Das, N., Chatterjee, S., Kumar, S., Pradhan, A., Panigrahi, P., Vitkin, I.A. … Ghosh, N. (2014). Tissue multifractality and Born approximation in analysis of light scattering: A novel approach for precancers detection. Scientific Reports, 4. doi:10.1038/srep06129.
- Jagtap, J., Chandel, S., Das, N., Soni, J., Chatterjee, S., Pradhan, A. … Ghosh, N. (2014). Quantitative Mueller matrix fluorescence spectroscopy for precancer detection. Optics Letters, 39(2), pp. 243–246. doi:10.1364/OL.39.000243.
- Das, N., Chatterjee, S., Soni, J., Jagtap, J., Pradhan, A., Sengupta, T.K. … Ghosh, N. (2013). Probing multifractality in tissue refractive index: Prospects for precancer detection. Optics Letters, 38(2), pp. 211–213. doi:10.1364/OL.38.000211.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr. Subhasri Chatterjee is a Post Doctoral Research Assistant at City, University of London. She received her PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering from the School of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering (SMCSE), City, University of London (2014-2018). Her PhD project was focussed on the Monte Carlo invesitgation of the light-tissue interactions in photoplethysmography, and was funded by the Erasmus Mundus (INTACT) scholarship programme. Prior to that, she worked in the Department of Physical Sciences at Indian the Institute of Science Education and Research - Kolkata as a research intern under the National Photonics Fellowship of India (2011-2013) where she was involved in a project on early diagnosis of cervical cancer using optical methods. Her background includes a BSc degree in Physics (2006-2009) followed by an MSc degree in Biomedical Instrumentation (2009-2011), both from the University of Calcutta, India.
Dr. Chatterjee's research interest lies in the investigation of the optical interactions in the biological medium by characterisation of the tissue optical parameters, and development of light-tissue interaction based algorithms and experimental technology for physiological measurement and early diagnosis.
- Introductory Certificate in Academic Practice, City, University London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2017
- PhD, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2014 – Sep 2018
- MSc, Department of Applied Optics and Photonics, University of Calcutta, India, Jul 2009 – Jun 2011
- BSc, Serampore College, University of Calcutta, India, Jun 2006 – May 2009
- Post Doctoral Research Assistant, City, University of London, Feb 2019 – present
- Research Intern, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata, Dec 2011 – Dec 2013
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (2018) Student Travel Award
- European Union (2014) Erasmus Mundus (INTACT) fellowship
Funding for full-time Doctoral research
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India (2011) National Photonics Fellowship
Research Internship at Department of Physical Sciences, IISER-Kolkata, India
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (8)
- Chatterjee, S. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2019). Monte Carlo model for reflectance Pulse Oximetry using pulsatile monolayer perfused skin tissue.
- Chatterjee, S. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2019). Estimating the Dependence of Differential Pathlength Factor on Blood Volume and Oxygen Saturation using Monte Carlo method.
- Patel, Z., Chatterjee, S., Thaha, M.A. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2019). A Multilayer Monte Carlo Model for the Investigation of Optical Path and Penetration Depth at Different Perfusion States of the Colon.
- Chatterjee, S., Phillips, J.P. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2017). Investigating optical path in reflectance pulse oximetry using a multilayer Monte Carlo model.
- Chatterjee, S., Phillips, J.P. and Kyriacou, P.A. (2015). Differential pathlength factor estimation for brain-like tissue from a single-layer Monte Carlo model.
- Das, N.K., Chatterjee, S., Chakraborty, S., Panigrahi, P.K., Pradhan, A. and Ghosh, N. (2014). Fractal anisotropy in tissue refractive index fluctuations: Potential role in precancer detection.
- Chatterjee, S., Das, N.K., Kumar, S., Mohapatra, S., Pradhan, A., Panigrahi, P.K. … Ghosh, N. (2013). Probing multi-scale self-similarity of tissue structures using light scattering spectroscopy: Prospects in pre-cancer detection.
- Das, N.K., Chatterjee, S., Kumar, S., Purwar, H., Panigrahi, P.K. and Ghosh, N. (2012). A light scattering-based approach for quantifying tissue multifractality: Prospects in early diagnosis of cancer.
Journal articles (9)
Editorial activity (3)
- Biomedical Optics Express, Journal reviewer.
- Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences, Journal reviewer.
- Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Journal reviewer.
- Newton Researcher Links Workshops 2018: Bio-photonics For Medical Technologies. (Workshop) (2018).
- MEIBioeng/ MPEC2017. (Conference) Surrey, UK (2017).
Paper: Pulsatile Monte Carlo model for Reflectance Pulse Oximetry
- SPIE/ OSA European conferences on Biomedical Optics. (Conference) (2017).
Paper: Investigating optical path in reflectance pulse oximetry using a multilayer Monte Carlo model
- Pint of Science festival. (Public lecture) London, UK (2017).
Paper: Light: a tool for biomedical sensing
- 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. (Conference) Milan, Italy (2015).
Paper: Differential pathlength factor estimation for brain-like tissue from a single-layer Monte Carlo model
- Erasmus Mundus STRoNG TiES & INTACT workshop. (Workshop) Nicosia, Cyprus (2015).
Media appearances (2)
- Selection of photo in OPN Image of the week contest (2017) https://www.osa-opn.org/home/gallery/image_of_the_week.aspx?page=8.