- Sgambati, S. (2020). Historicizing the money of account: a critique of the nominalist ontology of money. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, 43(3), pp. 417–444. doi:10.1080/01603477.2020.1788396.
- Sgambati, S. (2019). The art of leverage: a study of bank power, money-making and debt finance. Review of International Political Economy, 26(2), pp. 287–312. doi:10.1080/09692290.2018.1512514.
- Sgambati, S. (2016). Rethinking banking. Debt discounting and the making of modern money as liquidity. New Political Economy, 21(3), pp. 274–290. doi:10.1080/13563467.2016.1113946.
- Sgambati, S. (2015). The Significance of Money Beyond Ingham's Sociology of Money. European Journal of Sociology, 56(2), pp. 307–339. doi:10.1017/S0003975615000144.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Stefano Sgambati joined City, University of London in September 2016. His research questions theories, histories and politics of money and banking, with specific reference to current transformations in global finance.
- PhD Sociology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
- MSc Globalisation & Development, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, United Kingdom
- BA Sociology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
IP1017 - The Making of the Modern World Economy
IP3024 - Global Money and Finance
IPM105 - Global Capitalism: Past, Present and Future
IPM106 - Political Economy of Global Finance
Monetary Theory & History
Political Economy of Banking
Class, Inequality and Power