- Hening, A., Nguyen, D.H., Ungureanu, S.C. and Wong, T.K. (2019). Asymptotic harvesting of populations in random environments. Journal of Mathematical Biology, 78(1-2), pp. 293–329. doi:10.1007/s00285-018-1275-1.
- Yaman, F., Cubi-Molla, P. and Ungureanu, S. (2017). Can Behavioural Economics Be Applied To Life Satisfaction?: Evidence From Annual Panel Data. .
- Ungureanu, S. (2017). Dynamic Contracting under Permanent and Transitory Private Information. International Journal of Game Theory, 46(3), pp. 667–692. doi:10.1007/s00182-016-0552-8.
London EC1V 0HB
Sergiu is a Lecturer in Economics at City University London since September 2013. He received a BSc in Mathematics from Jacobs University Bremen, Germany, a PhD in Economics from Duke University, with a Certificate of College Teaching. As an undergraduate, he started with a focus on mathematics and physics, which helped him develop a theoretical aptitude for economics, as well as other useful skills such as programming. His area of concentration is microeconomic theory, with interests in behavioral economics, decision theory, and dynamic contracting and mechanism design.
- PhD Economics, Duke University, United States
- BSc Mathematics, Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany
- Lecturer, City, University of London, 2013 – present
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Welfare Economics
- Decision theory
- Behavioral economics
- Mechanism design.
Publications by category
Journal articles (3)
- Ungureanu, S. (2016). Judgements with errors lead to behavioral heuristics. City, University of London.
- Ungureanu, S. Inefficient Reallocation, Loss Aversion and Prospect Theory. London: City University London.
Working papers (3)
- Hening, A., Tran, K.Q. and Ungureanu, S.C. (2022). The effects of random and seasonal environmental fluctuations on optimal harvesting and stocking. Springer Science and Business Media LLC.
- Yaman, F., Cubi-Molla, P. and Ungureanu, S. (2019). Which Decision Theory Describes Life Satisfaction Best? Evidence from Annual Panel Data. London, UK: Department of Economics, City, University of London.
- Ungureanu, S. (2017). Dynamic Contracting under Permanent and Transitory Private Information. London: Department of Economics, City University London.