- Brooks, S., Quarini, G., Tierney, M., Yun, X. and Lucas, E. (2020). Conditions for continuous ice slurry generation in a nylon helical coiled heat exchanger. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, 15, pp. 100427–100427. doi:10.1016/j.tsep.2019.100427.
- Brooks, S. and Roy, R. (2020). A complexity framework for self-engineering systems. Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems, 4(3). doi:10.1520/SSMS20200059.
- Yun, X., Brooks, S. and Quarini, G.L. (2019). Phase Transformation and the Heat and Mass Transfer in the Ice, Water and Brine System. Heat Transfer Engineering pp. 1–12. doi:10.1080/01457632.2019.1640469.
- Lucas, E.J.K., Brooks, S., Hales, A., McBryde, D., Yun, X. and Quarini, G.L. (2017). Noninvasive Monitoring by Ultrasound of Liquid Foodstuff to Ice Slurry Transitions Within Steel Ducts and Pipes. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 40(2). doi:10.1111/jfpe.12415.
- Yun, X., Brooks, S., Cheng, Y., Hales, A., Lucas, E., McBryde, D. … Quarini, G. (2016). Ice formation in the subcooled brine environment. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 95, pp. 198–205. doi:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2015.12.003.
London EC1V 0HB
Graduating from the University of Bristol in 2015 with MEng in Mechanical engineering he then went on to pursue a PhD in Mechanical Engineering at the same university. The PhD involved looking at alternative ways to make ice slurries used for cleaning pipes, domestic cooling and food preservation. Dr Brooks is currently working as a postdoctoral Research Fellow in Self-Engineering Systems with Professor Raj Roy.
- PhD, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Mar 2019
- MEng, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Oct 2011 – Jun 2015
- Senior Teaching Associate, University of Bristol, Dec 2018 – Aug 2019
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (2)
- Roy, R. and Brooks, S. (2020). Self-engineering – Technological Challenges.
- Brooks, S.J., Quarini, G.L. and Tierney, M.J. (2018). ICE SLURRY PRODUCTION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR SUPERCOOLED BRINE IN A NYLON HELICAL COILED HEAT EXCHANGER.