- Evans, R. (2021). Threshold Concepts in Science Journalism. Journalism Education, 10(3), pp. 12–22.
- Evans, (2014). Can Universities Make Good Journalists? Journalism Education, 3(1), pp. 66–87.
- Evans, (2011). Assessing student contribution in class: in quest of a reliable and transparent method. Investigations in University Teaching and Learning, 7, pp. 82–91.
London EC1V 0HB
Richard Evans has more than twenty five years experience as a BBC journalist. A former BBC Radio Five Live, Newsbeat and Radio Four presenter, he has reported at home and abroad for BBC radio and TV programmes. His professional experience ranges from local newspaper and radio reporting to interviewing prime ministers, making documentaries, presenting panel shows and training BBC journalists.
He has a postgraduate diploma in journalism from City University, an NCTJ Diploma and an MA in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education. He is a senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy, 2019
- MA, London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, Jan 2009 – Jan 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma, City University London, United Kingdom, Jan 1980 – Jan 1981
- BSc, University of Bath, United Kingdom, Jan 1977 – Jan 1980
- Director of Learning and Teaching, Department of Journalism, City, University of London, Aug 2020 – present
- Senior Lecturer in Education Development, City, University of London, Jan 2020 – present
- Programme Director, Undergraduate Journalism, City, University of London, Aug 2018 – Jul 2020
- Learning Development Fellow, City, University London, Jul 2017 – Jul 2018
- Senior Lecturer, London Metropolitan University, 2009 – 2015
- Journalist and Presenter, BBC, Jan 1986 – Jan 2009
- Presenter, Reporter, Deputy Head of News, GWR Radio, 1983 – 1986
- Reporter, South Wales Argus, 1981 – 1983