London EC1V 0HB
Petra is a lecturer in Health and Social Science specialising in neuroscience who joined City University in 2010.
Petra initially studied General Nursing in her native Germany where she then worked as a registered nurse for several years before moving to the UK. She worked for University College London Hospitals NHS Trust both as a registered nurse and as a practice educator. Around this time Petra also embarked on a period of academic study where she gained qualifications in professional practice nursing, specialising in neuroscience care and practice education. Her main areas of interest are in palliative and end-of-life care, in particular caring for patients within neuroscience.
Petra is currently programme director of the PG Cert Professional Practice and BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies.
MSc Practice Education, PGCE Practice Education and BSc Professional Nursing Practice (Neuroscience).
Memberships of professional organisations
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- UK Network of German Academics
Modules taught on
BSc Adult Nursing; PGDip Adult Nursing; BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies
- HS1001 Engaging in Practice
- HS1002 Simulated Practice
- HS1011 Foundations of Relationship-Centred Practice
- HS1021 Developing Relationship-Centered Practice
- HS1022 Valuing Health and Social Care across the Lifecourse
- HSM132 Experiencing Acute Care, Diagnostic & Treatment/Nursing
- ELFT07 Interprofessional Mental Health Palliative End-of-Life Care Workshop
- NM1726 An Introduction to Practice Knowledge & Skills
- NM1729 Introduction to the Delivery of Professional Care
- NM2728/NM3710 Consolidating Professional Knowledge
- NM2731/3713 Evaluating and Disseminating Adult Nursing Practice
- NM2761 Year 2 FACT & ABS Adult
- NM2770 Life Experience Placement
- NM3741 Developing Professional Autonomy
- NMM950 Developing Adult Nursing Practice, Pathology, and Related Pharmacology
- NMM957 Consolidating Adult Nursing Practice
- NMM958 Consolidating Child Nursing Practice
- NMM959 Consolidating Mental Health Nursing Practice
Petra has recently completed some research exploring the mentorship experience of nursing mentees.
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Professional Education Research