London EC1V 0HB
Petra is a lecturer in Health and Social Science specialising in neuroscience who joined City University in 2010.
Petra initially studied General Nursing in her native Germany where she then worked as a registered nurse for several years before moving to the UK. She worked for University College London Hospitals NHS Trust both as a registered nurse and as a practice educator. Around this time Petra also embarked on a period of academic study where she gained qualifications in professional practice nursing, specialising in neuroscience care and practice education. Her main areas of interest are in palliative and end-of-life care, in particular caring for patients within neuroscience.
MSc Practice Education, PGCE Practice Education and BSc Professional Nursing Practice (Neuroscience).
Memberships of professional organisations
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- UK Network of German Academics
Modules taught on
BSc Adult Nursing; PGDip Adult Nursing; BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies
- HS1001 Engaging in Practice
- HS1002 Simulated Practice
- HS1011 Foundations of Relationship-Centred Practice
- HS1021 Developing Relationship-Centered Practice
- HS1022 Valuing Health and Social Care across the Lifecourse
- HSM132 Experiencing Acute Care, Diagnostic & Treatment/Nursing
- ELFT07 Interprofessional Mental Health Palliative End-of-Life Care Workshop
- NM1726 An Introduction to Practice Knowledge & Skills
- NM1729 Introduction to the Delivery of Professional Care
- NM2728/NM3710 Consolidating Professional Knowledge
- NM2731/3713 Evaluating and Disseminating Adult Nursing Practice
- NM2761 Year 2 FACT & ABS Adult
- NM2770 Life Experience Placement
- NM3741 Developing Professional Autonomy
- NMM950 Developing Adult Nursing Practice, Pathology, and Related Pharmacology
- NMM957 Consolidating Adult Nursing Practice
- NMM958 Consolidating Child Nursing Practice
- NMM959 Consolidating Mental Health Nursing Practice
Petra has recently completed some research exploring the mentorship experience of nursing mentees.
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Professional Education Research