- Smith, P.W.H. and Aldridge, W. (2011). Improving Authorship Attribution: Optimizing Burrows' Delta Method. JOURNAL OF QUANTITATIVE LINGUISTICS, 18(1), pp. 63–88. doi:10.1080/09296174.2011.533591.
- Smith, P.W.H. (2010). Using genetic algorithms in word-vector optimisation. 2010 UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, UKCI 2010. doi:10.1109/UKCI.2010.5625589.
- Smith, P.W.H. and Harries, K. (1998). Code Growth, Explicitly Defined Introns, and Alternative Selection Schemes. EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION, 6(4), pp. 339–360. doi:10.1162/evco.19126.96.36.1999.
London EC1V 0HB
Peter is a senior lecturer in the Department of Computing, part of the School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering at City University.
- PhD Philosophy of Language, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 1991
- MSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), University of Essex, United Kingdom, 1977
- BSc Computing, Sheffield Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, 1976
- Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, City, University of London, Nov 2011 – present
- Head of Department, City, University of London, Feb 2010 – Oct 2011
Memberships of professional organisations
- Computing at School, Nov 2011 – present
My Part I Maths with Computing Course taught to First year Undergraduate students, ably assisted by Charlie Watson was awarded the First Prize in The City University Moodle Launch Award for The School of Informatics.
- Authorship Attribution
- Sentiment Analysis and Text Mining
- The Visualisation of Evolutionary Processes
- Evolutionary Computing
Publications by category
- Smith, P.W.H. (2000). Controlling code growth in genetic programming.