- Squires, C.G., Coleman, P., Isaacs, A. and Hawkes, C. (2022). OP89 How can childhood obesity prevention policy be more effective and equitable following the COVID-19 pandemic? SSM Annual Scientific Meeting. doi:10.1136/jech-2022-ssmabstracts.88.
- Coleman, P.C., Pailing, A., Roy, A., O’Moore, É., Chandan, J.S., Lumby, V. … Gajraj, R. (2022). Implementation of novel and conventional outbreak control measures in managing COVID-19 outbreaks in a large UK prison. BMC Public Health, 22(1). doi:10.1186/s12889-022-12991-7.
- Coleman, P.C., Hanson, P., van Rens, T. and Oyebode, O. (2022). A rapid review of the evidence for children’s TV and online advertisement restrictions to fight obesity. Preventive Medicine Reports, 26, pp. 101717–101717. doi:10.1016/j.pmedr.2022.101717.
- Coleman, P.C., Dhaif, F. and Oyebode, O. (2022). Food shortages, stockpiling and panic buying ahead of Brexit as reported by the British media: a mixed methods content analysis. BMC Public Health, 22(1). doi:10.1186/s12889-022-12548-8.
- Coleman, P., Barber, T.M., van Rens, T., Hanson, P., Coffey, A. and Oyebode, O. (2021). COVID-19 Outcomes in Minority Ethnic Groups: Do Obesity and Metabolic Risk Play a Role? Current Obesity Reports. doi:10.1007/s13679-021-00459-5.
- Coleman, P.C., Murphy, L., Nyman, M. and Oyebode, O. (2021). Operationalising the EAT– Lancet Commissions' targets to achieve healthy and sustainable diets. The Lancet Planetary Health, 5(7). doi:10.1016/s2542-5196(21)00144-3.
- Coleman, P., Gultig, J., Emanuel, B., Gee, M. and Orpana, H. (2018). Status report - FoodReach Toronto: lowering food costs for social agencies and community groups. Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada, 38(1), pp. 23–28. doi:10.24095/hpcdp.38.1.05.
- Widener, M.J., Minaker, L., Farber, S., Allen, J., Vitali, B., Coleman, P.C. … Cook, B. (2017). How do changes in the daily food and transportation environments affect grocery store accessibility? Applied Geography, 83, pp. 46–62. doi:10.1016/j.apgeog.2017.03.018.
- Coleman, P.C., Bale, J.S. and Hayward, S.A.L. (2015). Meat Feeding Restricts Rapid Cold Hardening Response and Increases Thermal Activity Thresholds of Adult Blow Flies, Calliphora vicina (Diptera: Calliphoridae). PLoS One, 10(7). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0131301.
- Coleman, P.C., Bale, J.S. and Hayward, S.A.L. (2014). Cross generation plasticity in cold hardiness is associated with diapause, but not the non-diapause developmental pathway, in the blowfly, Calliphora vicina. Journal of Experimental Biology. doi:10.1242/jeb.098053.
London EC1V 0HB
Paul is a post-doctoral research fellow and public health registrar based at the Centre for Food Policy, City University. His research takes a mixed methods approach to explore the relationship between human health and the built and natural environment, with a particular focus on food policy, obesity and the social determinants of health.
He is currently working on a series of projects for the NIHR-funded Obesity Policy Research Unit, exploring how policy across government could be better aligned to address drivers of obesity; exploring how COVID-19 has changed families' relationships with food and the food environment; and understanding how people can be placed at the heart of food systems policy.
Paul previously worked as a Public Health Registrar between the University of Warwick, local authority public health teams and the Department of Health and Social Care on a range of public health interventions, from promoting active travel to reducing exposure to air pollution and improving dietary behaviour. Paul also worked as a senior policy adviser with Toronto Public Health where he took an 'action research' approach in developing a healthier and more sustainable food system. He has a Masters’ in Public Health, completed a PhD at the University of Birmingham and is a Member of the Faculty of Public Health.
- Diplomate & Final Membership Exam, Faculty of Public Health, United Kingdom, Oct 2021
- Masters in Public Health, University College Birmingham, United Kingdom, Sep 2019 – Sep 2021
- PhD in Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, Sep 2010 – Sep 2014
- BSc in Marine Biology, University of Essex, United Kingdom, Sep 2003 – Sep 2006
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, City, University of London, Jan 2022 – present
- Honorary Research Fellow, University of Warwick, Jun 2019 – present
- Public Health Registrar, NHS, Aug 2018 – present
- Senior Policy Advisor, Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Jul 2017 – Jul 2018
- Senior Policy Specialist, Toronto Public Health, Feb 2015 – Jul 2017