- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Ma, Q. and Zheng, X. (2022). A Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Framework for Interaction Between Ice and Flexible Pile. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 32(1), pp. 16–23. doi:10.17736/ijope.2022.jc849.
- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Ma, Q. and Zheng, X. (2021). A QSFDI based Laplacian discretisation for modelling wave-structure interaction using ISPH. Applied Ocean Research, 117, pp. 102954–102954. doi:10.1016/j.apor.2021.102954.
- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Zheng, X., Xu, G. and Ma, Q. (2021). Numerical Study of Interaction of Focused Waves with a Fixed Cylinder by a Hybrid Model Coupling SPH and QALE-FEM. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 31(1), pp. 45–52. doi:10.17736/ijope.2021.jc813.
- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Zheng, X. and Ma, Q. (2020). A 3D Hybrid Model Coupling SPH and QALE-FEM for Simulating Nonlinear Wave-structure Interaction. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 30(1), pp. 11–19. doi:10.17736/ijope.2020.jc776.
- Zhang, N., Zheng, X., Ma, Q. and Hu, Z. (2019). A numerical study on ice failure process and ice-ship interactions by Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 11(2), pp. 796–808. doi:10.1016/j.ijnaoe.2019.02.008.
- Zhang, N., Zheng, X. and Ma, Q. (2019). Study on wave-induced kinematic responses and flexures of ice floe by Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics. Computers & Fluids, 189, pp. 46–59. doi:10.1016/j.compfluid.2019.04.020.
- Zhang, N., Zheng, X., Ma, Q., Duan, W., Khayyer, A., Lv, X. … Shao, S. (2018). A hybrid stabilization technique for simulating water wave – Structure interaction by incompressible Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (ISPH) method. Journal of Hydro-environment Research, 18, pp. 77–94. doi:10.1016/j.jher.2017.11.003.
- Zhang, N., Zheng, X. and Ma, Q. (2017). Updated Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics for Simulating Bending and Compression Failure Progress of Ice. Water, 9(11), pp. 882–882. doi:10.3390/w9110882.
Ningbo Zhang City, University of London
London EC1V 0HB
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Ningbo Zhang obtained PhD degree in Design and Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure from Harbin Engineerring University in 2020. He joined City as a post-doctoral research associate in September 2020 with Prof. Shiqiang Yan and Prof. Qingwei Ma. His research work is mainly about the fluid-structure coupling based on the particle method and the improvement of relevant numerical methods.
- PhD, Harbin Engineering University, China, Sep 2015 – Jun 2022
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, City, University of London, Sep 2020 – present
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (3)
- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Zheng, X. and Ma, Q. (2021). Numerical study on the dynamic interaction between ice and a vertical compliant structure by smoothed particle hydrodynamics.
- Zhang, N., Yan, S., Zheng, X. and Ma, Q. (2019). A 3-d hybrid model coupling sph and qale-fem for simulating nonlinear water wave interaction with floating structure.
- Zhang, N., Zheng, X., Ma, Q. and Hao, H. (2017). Numerical simulation of failure progress of ice using smoothed particle hydrodynamics.