London EC1V 0HB
Neil's current role is as Head of Production and Technical Manager for Urdang, which is now part of the Department of Performing Arts. He has been working as part of the Urdang team since 2006, and previously to this worked as a freelance Stage Manager for theatre companies including Half Moon Young People's Theatre, Unicorn Theatre, English Pocket Opera and TamTam; for these last two companies he also designed and built large scale puppets. In addition to this, he also lectures in critical theory and supervises undergraduate dissertations.
Neil is an active electronic sound artist, heavily influenced by artist such as Morton Subotnik, Suzanne Ciani, Steve Roach and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. He has performed some of this work live, as part of the Zero Wave series of experimental music evenings.
- B.A. Drama and Theatre Studies, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, Sep 1995 – Jun 1998
- Lecturer in Production, City, University of London, Aug 2022 – present
- Production Manager, Urdang Academy, Mar 2007 – Jul 2022
- Stage Manager for 'Igloo Hullabaloo', Half Moon Young Peopl'e Theatre, Nov 2006 – Mar 2007
- Senior Manager, Inventory, Borders Books, Music, Video, Sep 2005 – Feb 2006
- Manager, Marketing, Borders Books, Music, Video, Aug 2003 – Jul 2005