- Batinelli, L., Thaels, E., Leister, N., McCourt, C., Bonciani, M. and Rocca-Ihenacho, L. (2021). What are the strategies for implementing primary care models in maternity? A systematic review on midwifery units. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- Yuill, C., McCourt, C., Cheyne, H. and Leister, N. (2020). Women’s experiences of decision-making and informed choice about pregnancy and birth care: a systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 20(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-020-03023-6.
- Lopes, G.A., Leister, N. and Riesco, M.L.G. (2019). PERINEAL CARE AND OUTCOMES IN A BIRTH CENTER. Texto & Contexto - Enfermagem, 28. doi:10.1590/1980-265x-tce-2018-0168.
- Santos, F., Leister, N., Travisan, K.F., Cruz, C. and Riesco, M.L.G. (2018). Adhesión de las mujeres embarazadas a los ejercicios para fortalecer el suelo pélvico. Evidentia, 15(e10427).
- Zizzi, P.T., Trevisan, K.F., Leister, N., Cruz, C.D.S. and Riesco, M.L.G. (2017). Women’s pelvic floor muscle strength and urinary and anal incontinence after childbirth: a cross-sectional study. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP, 51(0). doi:10.1590/s1980-220x2016209903214.
- Riesco, M.L.G., Fernandes-Trevisan, K., Leister, N., Cruz, C.D.S., Caroci, A.D.S. and Zanetti, M.R.D. (2014). Urinary incontinence related to perineal muscle strength in the first trimester of pregnancy: cross-sectional study. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP, 48(spe), pp. 32–38. doi:10.1590/s0080-623420140000600005.
- Leister, N. and Riesco, M.L.G. (2013). Childbirth care: the oral history of women who gave birth from the 1940s to 1980s. Texto & Contexto - Enfermagem, 22(1), pp. 166–174. doi:10.1590/s0104-07072013000100020.
- Riesco, M.L.G., Tsunechiro, M.A. and Leister, N. (2011). Escola de obstetrícia da Universidade de São Paulo: a história contada no livro de atas (1912-1970). Texto & Contexto - Enfermagem, 20(spe), pp. 164–171. doi:10.1590/s0104-07072011000500021.
- Riesco, M.L.G., Tsunechiro, M.A., Mott, M.L. and Leister, N. (2011). From pride to resignation: education and practice of midwives graduated at the Universidade de São Paulo. Cadernos de História da Ciência - Instituto Butantan, VII(2), pp. 9–24.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr. Leister is a midwife with Master and PhD in Sciences. She currently works as a Research Fellow at City, University of London. She conducts researches on maternity services configuration, functioning, care provided and outcomes, on women social and cultural decision-making related to maternity care and on the provision, improvement and strengthening of Midwifery Units, especially in low and middle income countries.
- PhD, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, Jun 2011 – Jun 2015
- MSc, University of São Paulo, Brazil, Jul 2009 – Jun 2011
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Jun 2020 – present
- Research Coordinator, Associação comunitária Monte Azul, Feb 2019 – Mar 2020
- Newton International Fellow, British Academy, Mar 2018 – Feb 2020
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of São Paulo, Sep 2016 – Dec 2017
- Executive Secretary, Brazilian Midwifery Association, Jan 2012 – present
Portuguese (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Spanish - Latin American (can read, write and understand spoken).
Publications by category
- Batinelli, L., Thaels, E., Leister, N., McCourt, C., Bonciani, M. and Rocca-Ihenacho, L. (2021). What are the strategies for implementing primary care models in maternity? A systematic review on midwifery units.