London EC1V 0HB
Michelle graduated from Anglia Ruskin University with a first class honours degree in Optical Management in 1999, also winning the prize for best overall performance for the year group. She worked in practice as a Dispensing Optician and went on to complete her Contact Lens Fitting qualification in 2004.
Michelle has been an ABDO theory marker since 2007 and was an ABDO distance learning tutor for both the dispensing and contact lens courses from 2011 to 2017, while still working in practice as a Contact Lens Optician.
Michelle has been a Visiting Clinical Tutor at City University since 2016 where she has helped with teaching in the labs for the Ophthalmic Lenses and Dispensing modules for first and second year students on the Optometry degree. Michelle has taken on the role of module lead for these modules in 2019 while the current module lead is on maternity leave and also still works in practice as a Contact Lens Optician.
- CL, Association of British Dispensing Opticians, United Kingdom, Aug 2004
- FBDO, Association of British Dispensing Opticians, United Kingdom, Jul 2000
- BSc (Hons) Optical Management, Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom, Jun 1999
Memberships of professional organisations
- Member, General Optical Council
- Fellow of Association of British Dispensing Opticians