- George, M. and Sloan, B. (2017). Presuming Too Little About Resulting and Constructive Trusts? The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer, 2017(4), pp. 303–312.
- George, M. (2014). The Time of Town and Village Greens. King's Law Journal, 25(3), pp. 325–331. doi:10.5235/096157220.127.116.115.
- George, M. and Harris, J. (2010). Service Contracts, Carriage by Air and the Brussels I Regulation. The Law Quarterly Review, 2010(126), pp. 30–35.
- George, M. (2009). The Rise and Fall of Adverse Possession. Lloyd's Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly, 2009, pp. 427–432.
- George, M. (2009). The Law Applicable to Torts Committed On Board Vessels in Foreign Territorial Waters. The Journal of International Maritime Law, 2009(15), pp. 13–20.
- George, M.P. (2007). Choice of Law in Maritime Torts. Journal of Private International Law, 3(1), pp. 137–172. doi:10.1080/17536235.2007.11424320.
London EC1V 0HB
Martin George joined The City Law School as Professor of Land Law in July 2021. His primary research and teaching interests lie in land law and property law theory. After studying at the Universities of Leicester and Nottingham, Martin was a College Lecturer at Hertford College, Oxford before taking up the Lectureship in Land Law at the University of Birmingham from 2009-14. He was awarded the Excellence in Teaching Prize 2013 at Birmingham. He then spent 7 years at the University of Leicester, as the Associate Professor of Property Law, and was voted Lecturer of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 by the law students at Leicester. He was also the recipient of a University Distinguished Teaching Fellowship there in July 2019.
Martin is the co-author of Thompson’s Modern Land Law (7th edn, Oxford University Press 2019). He currently convenes the Property & Trusts subject section of the Society of Legal Scholars, and he also sits on the Board of Modern Studies in Property Law (MSPL), the pre-eminent specialist association for property law academics..
In 2017, Martin was elected as an Academic Fellow of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. He is also an Associate Member of 4 - 5 Gray's Inn Square, a leading chancery and property law chambers.
Publications by category
- George, M. and Layard, A. (2019). Thompson's Modern Land Law. Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0-19-882802-0.
- George, M. and Dickinson, A. (2015). Statutes on the Conflict of Laws. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 978-1-5099-0049-7.
- George, M. (2015). General Provisions: Arts 61-64. The Brussels I Regulation Recast Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0-19-871428-6.