- Jones, M.J., Steggall, M. and Treacy, C. (2013). Post Operative Urinary Retention. Nursing Standard, 28(5), pp. 43–48.
- Jones, M.J. and Rutkowski, K.R. (2013). On Being a Mentor. International Journal of Ophthalmic Practice, Vol 4(February/March 2013), pp. 30–36. doi:10.12968/ijop.2013.4.1.30.
London EC1V 0HB
Mark is a Senior Lecturer, Registered Nurse (RN), and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). Mark has been an academic member of staff since 1992 and has a long career teaching nursing at all academic levels. Mark is currently a Senior Lecturer for the field of Adult Nursing and is passionate about the education and delivery of professional evidence-based nursing care.
Prior to becoming an academic Mark was one of the UK's first nurses specialising in the care of people with HIV and AIDS and worked in several London HIV and Sexual Health Departments, including commissioning a new centre at The Royal London Hospital in East London in the early 1990s. Mark contributed to the development of one of the first degrees in sexual health in the UK and and he continues to advocate for and deliver sexual health education in the pre-registration nursing curriculum. Mark feels it is vital that nurses understand the sexual health needs of their patients and clients so that they can deliver compassionate, holistic and non-judgemental care.
Registered Nurse (RN) Adult Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Nursing, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- MSc Nursing, London South Bank University, United Kingdom
- Dip Ed, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Programme Director (Adult Nursing), City, University of London, 2015 – 2019
- Senior Lecturer, City, University of London, Jan 2007 – present
- Lecturer, City, University of London, Jan 1992 – Jan 2007
- HIV Nurse Specialist, Royal London Hospital, 1989 – 1992
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
Memberships of professional organisations
- League of Nurses St Barthomoew's Hospital, London
- Member, Royal College of Nursing