- Livada, M. and Leventides, J. (2022). The Implicit McMillan degree and network descriptions. IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information. doi:10.1093/imamci/dnac012.
- Leventides, J., Kollias, H., Camouzis, E. and Livada, M. (2021). Grassmann Inequalities and Extremal Varieties in P(⋀pRn). Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 189(3), pp. 836–853. doi:10.1007/s10957-021-01858-3.
- Leventides, J., Karcanias, N. and Livada, M. (2021). Partially Fixed Structure Determinantal Assignment Problems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 66(6), pp. 2883–2888. doi:10.1109/tac.2020.3010767.
- Berger, T., Karcanias, N. and Livada, M. (2019). The Pseudo-McMillan Degree of Implicit Transfer Functions of RLC Networks. Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, 38(3), pp. 967–985. doi:10.1007/s00034-018-0921-6.
- Karcanias, N., Livada, M. and Leventides, J. (2017). System Properties of Implicit Passive Electrical Networks Descriptions. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50(1), pp. 9242–9247. doi:10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.1285.
- Leventides, J., Livada, M. and Karcanias, N. (2016). Zero Assignment Problem in RLC Networks. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49(9), pp. 92–98. doi:10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.07.502.
- Karcanias, N., Leventides, J. and Livada, M. (2014). Matrix pencil representation of structural transformations of passive electrical networks. 2014 6th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP). doi:10.1109/isccsp.2014.6877902.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Maria Livada received her first degree in Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences from the National Technical University of Athens, her MSc in Systems and Control Engineering and her PhD in Control Theory from City, University of London. Prior to her present appointment as a Lecturer in Mechatronics (Education) she was a Visiting Lecturer at partner Institutions of the University of London and an Adjunct Lecturer at the Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering at University of West Attica in Greece.
She has also been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Economics at National and Kapodistrial University of Athens and a Research Fellow at the Systems and Control Research Centre at City, University of London. During that time she has participated in various EU / H2020 projects.
Her main research interests are in Network Theory, Modeling of Complex Systems, Control Theory, Mathematical Modelling, Dynamical Systems and Operations Research.
She is a member of IET and IEEE.
- PhD in Control Theory, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- MSc in Systems and Control Engineering, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- Diploma in Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Programme Director of Foundation Cource, City, University of London, Aug 2022 – present
- Lecturer in Mechatronics (Education), City, University of London, Jan 2022 – present
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of West Attica, Sep 2020 – Oct 2021
- Associate Lecturer, Goldsmiths University of London, Jan 2020 – Apr 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Oct 2018 – Sep 2021
- Visiting Lecturer, City, University of London, Sep 2017 – Dec 2021
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Sep 2017 – Sep 2018
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can read, write, speak and understand spoken), Greek, Modern (1453-) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Spanish - Latin American (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).
Publications by category
- Karcanias, N., Leventides, J. and Livada, M. (2014). Multi-parameter structural transformations of passive electrical networks and natural frequency assignment. IEEE.
- Karcanias, N., Vafiadis, D. and Livada, M. (2021). Orientation of Implicit State Space Models and the Partitioning of Kronecker Structure.