- Kendrick, M. (2020). The Future of EU Differentiated Integration: The Tax Microcosm. Journal of International and Comparative Law, 7(2), pp. 371–387.
- Kendrick, M. (2016). A Question of Sovereignty: Tax and the Brexit Referendum. King's Law Journal, 27(3), pp. 366–374. doi:10.1080/09615768.2016.1258112.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Maria Kendrick's research areas cover: EU Law, including integration, differentiated integration and tax; UK Public Law; and Human Rights. Maria's research therefore naturally covers the subject of Brexit.
She was awarded her PhD in 2018, and as a Lecturer at The City Law School, City, University of London, Maria is a double module convenor of the Human Rights Law in the UK and Free Movement of Goods, Persons and Services in the Internal Market (Further Issues in EU Law) modules. Maria teaches in each of her research areas. She is also, by invitation, on the Editorial Board of Kluwer Law International's Regulating for Globalization Blog and Global Trade and Customs Journal.
- PhD, King's College London, United Kingdom, Oct 2014 – Oct 2018
- LL.M, King's College London, United Kingdom, Sep 2006 – Jul 2007
- LL.B, King's College London, United Kingdom, Sep 2003 – Jul 2006
- Bar Vocational Course, The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, United Kingdom
- Lecturer in Law, City, University London, Oct 2019 – present
- Visiting Lecturer (EU and Public Law), London School of Economics and Political Science, Sep 2017 – present
- Research Fellow: Brexit, Centre of European Law, King's College London, Aug 2016 – present
- Visiting Lecturer (Public Law), King's College London, Sep 2015 – Aug 2018
Publications by category
- Kendrick, M. (2018). Differentiated Integration Amongst the EU27: Will Brexit Make the EU More Flexible? In Kendrick, M., Biondi, A. and Birkinshaw, P. (Eds.), Brexit: The Legal Implications Kluwer Law International B.V.. ISBN 978-90-411-9541-8.
- Kendrick, M. (2016). Judicial Protection and the UK’s Opt-Outs: Is Britain Alone in the CJEU? In Biondi, A. and Birkinshaw, P. (Eds.), Britain Alone! The Implications and Consequences of United Kingdom Exit from the EU Kluwer Law International B.V.. ISBN 978-90-411-6430-8.
Journal articles (2)
- Kendrick, M. (2020). The Future of EU Differentiated Integration: The Tax Microcosm. London, UK: City Law School, City, University of London.
- Assistant Dean (Student Outcomes and Success), The City Law School (Jul 2020 – present).