- Rasaratnam, M. and Malagodi, M. (2012). Eyes wide shut: persistent conflict and liberal peace-building in Nepal and Sri Lanka. Conflict, Security & Development, 12(3), pp. 299–327. doi:10.1080/14678802.2012.703536.
London EC1V 0HB
Madura Rasaratnam joined the Department of International Politics at City, University of London in 2016. She was previously a lecturer at the University of Kent, Canterbury and has also taught at the LSE and SOAS. Her research interests are situated in the areas of comparative politics, conflict, conflict management and international interventions with a regional focus on the countries of south Asia, specifically India and Sri Lanka.
IP1032 Introduction to Political Theory
IP1019 Emerging powers, Emerging Issues
IP 2037 Comparative Asian Politics
IP3035 Ethnicity and Nationalism: Global Comparisons
Theories of ethnicity and nationalism
Theories of conflict, conflict management
Civil wars and interventions
Indian politics and history
Sri Lankan politics and history
Publications by category
- Rasaratnam, M. (2016). Tamils and the Nation. Oxford University Press.
- Rasaratnam, M. (2018). The politics of ethno-religious violence. Handbook of Political Anthropology (pp. 423–440). ISBN 978-1-78347-900-9.
- Kailash, K.K. and Rasaratnam, M. (2015). The Policy shaping Capacity of States: Publicly Funded Health Insurance in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. In Tillin, L., Deshpande, R. and Kailash, K.K. (Eds.), Politics of Welfare Comparisons Across Indian States New Delhi, India: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-946012-0.
- Rasaratnam, M. (2011). Political Identity of the British Tamil Diaspora: Implications for Engagement. UK: Berghof Peace Support and Center for Just Peace and Democracy.
- Reality Check: Sri Lanka's New Government. (2015). Hurst Blog
- BBC Asian Network. BBC Asian Network British Tamils and the end of the war in Sri Lanka