- Meleady, R., Abrams, D., Van de Vyver, J., Hopthrow, T., Mahmood, L., Player, A. … Leite, A.C. (2017). Surveillance or Self-Surveillance? Behavioral Cues Can Increase the Rate of Drivers’ Pro-Environmental Behavior at a Long Wait Stop. Environment and Behavior, 49(10), pp. 1156–1172. doi:10.1177/0013916517691324.
- Hopthrow, T., Hooper, N., Mahmood, L., Meier, B.P. and Weger, U. (2016). Mindfulness reduces the correspondence bias. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 70(3), pp. 351–360. doi:10.1080/17470218.2016.1149498.
- Mahmood, L., Slabu, L., Randsley de Moura, G. and Hopthrow, T. (2015). Employability in the first degree: The role of work placements on students’ perceptions of graduate employability. Psychology Teaching Review.
London EC1V 0HB
Lynsey joined the Organisational Psychology Group in 2017 after completing her PhD at the University of Kent on the topic of mindfulness.
Lynsey's research interests primarily focus on the application of social psychology to organisations and social contexts. She is interested in how social psychology theory can be used to investigate social and group behaviours, behaviour change, and organisational teamwork. Lynsey works closely with Fire and Rescue Services to understand perceptions of risk and safety behaviours, and how behaviour might be modified to make people behave in safer ways.
Other projects that Lynsey has been involved in include investigating whether work placements improve skill development and perceptions of employability, and testing the use of a brief mindfulness task in reducing stereotype threat in children. Lynsey is currently a Placements Officer on the UG Psychology work placement scheme, and the Association for Business Psychology (ABP) LinkedIn manager.
- PhD, University of Kent, United Kingdom, Sep 2012 – Jan 2017
- MSc by Research in Psychology, University of Kent, United Kingdom, Sep 2011 – Sep 2012
- BSc Applied Psychology, University of Kent, United Kingdom, Sep 2008 – Jul 2011
- Placements Officer (UG Psychology), City, UoL, Sep 2019 – present
- Senior Researcher, Kent Fire and Rescue Service, Apr 2019 – present
- Honorary Lecturer, University of Kent, Aug 2018 – present
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Mahmood, L., Abrams, D., Meleady, R., Hopthrow, T., Lalot, F., Swift, H. … Van de Vyver, J. (2019). Intentions, efficacy, and norms: The impact of different self-regulatory cues on reducing engine idling at long wait stops. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 66, pp. 101368–101368. doi:10.1016/j.jenvp.2019.101368.
- Mahmood, L., Hopthrow, T. and Randsley de Moura, G. (2016). A Moment of Mindfulness: Computer-Mediated Mindfulness Practice Increases State Mindfulness. PLOS ONE, 11(4). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0153923.
- Mahmood, L., Morris, S. and Stanford-Beale, R. Kent Fire & Rescue Service Evaluation of Safe & Well Visits 2019/20.
Publications by category
Journal articles (3)
- Abrams, D., Swift, H. and Mahmood, L. (2016). Prejudice and unlawful behaviour, exploring levers for change. Equally & Human Rights Commission. ISBN 978-1-84206-677-5.