- Eadie, R., McKenzie, C., Blackwood, B., Emerson, L.M., Aitken, L., Boyd, J. … Walsh, T. (2022). Clinical pharmacist’s views on the role of alpha-2-agonists in practice and research for the management of agitation, sedation and delirium (ASD). Journal of the Intensive Care Society. doi:10.1177/17511437221095122.
- Silversides, J.A., McMullan, R., Emerson, L.M., Bradbury, I., Bannard-Smith, J., Szakmany, T. … McAuley, D.F. (2021). Feasibility of conservative fluid administration and deresuscitation compared with usual care in critical illness: the Role of Active Deresuscitation After Resuscitation-2 (RADAR-2) randomised clinical trial. Intensive Care Medicine. doi:10.1007/s00134-021-06596-8.
- Hellyer, T.P., McAuley, D.F., Walsh, T.S., Anderson, N., Conway Morris, A., Singh, S. … Simpson, A.J. (2020). More research is required to understand factors influencing antibiotic prescribing in complex conditions like suspected ventilator-associated pneumonia. Annals of Translational Medicine, 8(13), pp. 840–840. doi:10.21037/atm-20-3701.
- Hellyer, T.P., McAuley, D.F., Walsh, T.S., Anderson, N., Conway Morris, A., Singh, S. … Simpson, A.J. (2020). Biomarker-guided antibiotic stewardship in suspected ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAPrapid2): a randomised controlled trial and process evaluation. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, 8(2), pp. 182–191. doi:10.1016/s2213-2600(19)30367-4.
- Mouncey, P.R., Wade, D., Richards-Belle, A., Sadique, Z., Wulff, J., Grieve, R. … Rowan, K.M. (2019). A nurse-led, preventive, psychological intervention to reduce PTSD symptom severity in critically ill patients: the POPPI feasibility study and cluster RCT. Health Services and Delivery Research, 7(30), pp. 1–174. doi:10.3310/hsdr07300.
- Wade, D.M., Mouncey, P.R., Richards-Belle, A., Wulff, J., Harrison, D.A., Sadique, M.Z. … Rowan, K.M. (2019). Effect of a Nurse-Led Preventive Psychological Intervention on Symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Critically Ill Patients. JAMA, 321(7), pp. 665–665. doi:10.1001/jama.2019.0073.
- Richards-Belle, A., Mouncey, P.R., Wade, D., Brewin, C.R., Emerson, L.M., Grieve, R. … Rowan, K.M. (2018). Psychological Outcomes following a nurse-led Preventative Psychological Intervention for critically ill patients (POPPI): protocol for a cluster-randomised clinical trial of a complex intervention. BMJ Open, 8(2). doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020908.
- Emerson, L., McAuley, D., Clarke, M., Hellyer, T.P., Simpson, A.J. and Blackwood, B. (2017). Developing a framework to aid purposive sampling in process evaluation of a critical care trial. Trials. doi:10.1186/s13063-017-1902-y.
- Hellyer, T.P., Anderson, N.H., Parker, J., Dark, P., Van Den Broeck, T., Singh, S. … Simpson, A.J. (2016). Effectiveness of biomarker-based exclusion of ventilator-acquired pneumonia to reduce antibiotic use (VAPrapid-2): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 17(1). doi:10.1186/s13063-016-1442-x.
- Hellyer, T.P., Anderson, N.H., Parker, J., Dark, P., Van Den Broeck, T., Singh, S. … Simpson, A.J. (2016). Erratum to: ‘Effectiveness of biomarker-based exclusion of ventilator-acquired pneumonia to reduce antibiotic use (VAPrapid-2): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial’. Trials, 17(1). doi:10.1186/s13063-016-1594-8.
London EC1V 0HB
Lydia is a clinical researcher who joined City, University of London as a research fellow in 2018.
Lydia did her undergraduate degree in Health Sciences at Queen's University Belfast. She completed a Masters in Public Health at Queen's University Belfast in 2013. In 2014 Lydia was awarded a four-year PhD fellowship by the Medical Research Council Hubs for Trials Methodology Research, also undertaken at Queen's University Belfast.
Lydia's research interests focus on clinical trials methodology. She has a specific interest in process evaluation of complex intervention trials in critical care.
- Masters in Public Health, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences (Adult branch), Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Oct 2018 – present