- Hobbs, R., Kanižaj, I. and Pereira, L. (2019). Digital literacy and propaganda. Medijske Studije, 10(19), pp. 1–7.
- Pereira, L., Jorge, A. and Brites, M.J. (2017). Media education competitions: An efficient strategy for digital literacies? Italian Journal of Sociology of Education, 9(1), pp. 77–92. doi:10.14658/pupj-ijse-2017-1-5.
- Pereira, S. and Pereira, L. (2015). Digital Media in Primary Schools. Educational Policy, 29(2), pp. 316–341. doi:10.1177/0895904813492378.
- Pereira, S., Pinto, M. and Pereira, L. (2012). Resources for Media Literacy: Mediating the Research on Children and Media. Comunicar, 20(39), pp. 91–99. doi:10.3916/c39-2012-02-09.
London EC1V 0HB
Luis works as Senior Lecturer in Education Development in the Department of Learning Enhancement and Development (LEaD) and teaches on the MA/PGDip/PGCert in Academic Practice. He has more than 20 years of experience in education, as a lecturer, researcher, learning technologist and academic developer. He completed his PhD in the area of digital media education at the University of Minho (Portugal) in 2012. Prior to joining City in April 2022, Luis worked at Imperial College London as a Senior Academic Developer where he led a team of academic developers. His journey in HE includes other universities, like Coventry, Bournemouth, Oxford or Ravensbourne.
His research is the result of the intersection between digital media, learning and digital society. Luis is particularly interested in how we develop our digital capacities and on how people can shape/take ownership of their digital narrative. Luis focuses his attention on the impact of the digital devices in different aspects of our daily lives, from school to family, from politics to hobbies. Living in a multiscreen society, he looks for creative ways of people making the most of the digital opportunities and encourage participatory cultures to be positively engaged, namely through social media.
His research topics include digital literacies, digital media education, active and collaborative learning, distance teaching.
- Senior Fellow of HEA, Advance HE, United Kingdom, May 2018
- PGCert, Coventry University, United Kingdom, Mar 2017
- PhD, University of Minho, Portugal, Jan 2008 – Dec 2011
- MA, University of Minho, Portugal, Jan 2003 – Apr 2007
- BA, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Portugal, Sep 1996 – Jun 2000
- Senior Academic Developer (Education Transformation), Imperial College London, Apr 2021 – Apr 2022
- Senior Lecturer/Academic Developer, Coventry University, Oct 2014 – Apr 2021