- Lesniak, A., Myers, L. and Dodd, B. (2014). The English phonological awareness skills of 5;0–6;0-year-old Polish–English, Portuguese–English bilingual speakers and English monolingual children. Speech, Language and Hearing, 17(1), pp. 37–48. doi:10.1179/2050572813Y.0000000029.
- Myers, L., Davies-Jones, C., Chiat, S., Joffe, V. and Botting, N. (2011). 'A place where I can be me': A role for social and leisure provision to support young people with language impairment. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 46(6), pp. 739–750. doi:10.1111/j.1460-6984.2011.00048.x.
- Harris, J., Botting, N., Myers, L. and Dodd, B. (2011). The relationship between speech impairment, phonological awareness and early literacy development. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 16(2), pp. 111–125. doi:10.1080/19404158.2010.515379.
- Myers, L. and Botting, N. (2008). Literacy in the mainstream inner-city school: Its relationship to spoken language. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 24(1), pp. 95–114. doi:10.1177/0265659007084570.
London EC1V 0HB
Lucy is a Speech and Language Therapist who specialises in working with school aged children with language impairment. She joined the School of Health Sciences in 2014 undertaking a maternity cover post as a lecturer in speech and language therapy.
Lucy has worked as a Speech and Language Therapist in London for over 20 years. She has specialised in working with children with language and communication needs within mainstream primary and secondary schools. Lucy also worked as a Senior Lecturer at City university between 2003 and 2011. Lucy also carries out work for the Health and Care Professions Council as an Education Partner.
MSc Human Communication and BSc Speech and Psychology.
- Lecturer in Speech and Language Therapy, City, University London, Sep 2014 – present
- Bank Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust, Jan 2013 – present
- London E-Learning development Project, City, University London, May – Jul 2012
- Visiting Clinical Tutor, City, University London, 2011 – 2013
- Senior Lecturer in Communication Disabilities, City, University London, 2009 – 2011
- Lecturer in Communication Disabilities, City, University London, 2002 – 2009
- Senior Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Hammersmith and Fulham Primary Healthcare Trust, 2002 – 2003
- Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Newham Education Authority, 1999 – 2002
- Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist, Tower Hamlets NHS Healthcare Trust, 1997 – 1999
- Speech and Language Therapist, Barking, Havering and Brentwood NHS Trust, 1994 – 1997
Memberships of professional organisations
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists; Health and Care Professions Council
Lead for Teaching Excellence - Division of Language and Communication Science
SL1014 Speech Disorders, Dysfluency and Alternative and Augmentative Communication
HC1004 Speech Disorders, Dysfluency and Alternative and Augmentative Communication
SL2016 Professional Studies (2)
SLM104 Speech Disorders, Dysfluency and Alternative and Augmentative Communication
Other Teaching Expertise
Developmental Language Impairment
Child Speech Disorders
Literacy Development and Disorders
Contexts of Speech and Language Therapy
Lucy has carried out research into language and literacy difficulties and the life experiences of young adults with language and communication needs.