- Brady, M.C., Ali, M., VandenBerg, K., Williams, L.J., Williams, L.R., Abo, M. … Wright, H.H. (2021). Dosage, Intensity, and Frequency of Language Therapy for Aphasia: A Systematic Review–Based, Individual Participant Data Network Meta-Analysis. Stroke. doi:10.1161/strokeaha.121.035216.
- Williams, L.R., Ali, M., VandenBerg, K., Williams, L.J., Abo, M., Becker, F. … Brady, M.C. (2021). Utilising a systematic review-based approach to create a database of individual participant data for meta- and network meta-analyses: the RELEASE database of aphasia after stroke. Aphasiology pp. 1–21. doi:10.1080/02687038.2021.1897081.
- Webb, R., Uddin, N., Ford, E., Easter, A., Shakespeare, J., Roberts, N. … Williams, L.R. (2021). Barriers and facilitators to implementing perinatal mental health care in health and social care settings: a systematic review. The Lancet Psychiatry, 8(6), pp. 521–534. doi:10.1016/s2215-0366(20)30467-3.
- Ali, M., VandenBerg, K., Williams, L.J., Williams, L.R., Abo, M., Becker, F. … Brady, M.C. (2021). Predictors of Poststroke Aphasia Recovery. Stroke, 52(5), pp. 1778–1787. doi:10.1161/strokeaha.120.031162.
- Hagen, S., Bugge, C., Dean, S.G., Elders, A., Hay-Smith, J., Kilonzo, M. … Williams, L.R. (2020). Basic versus biofeedback-mediated intensive pelvic floor muscle training for women with urinary incontinence: the OPAL RCT. Health Technology Assessment, 24(70), pp. 1–144. doi:10.3310/hta24700.
- Hagen, S., Elders, A., Stratton, S., Sergenson, N., Bugge, C., Dean, S. … McClurg, D. (2020). Effectiveness of pelvic floor muscle training with and without electromyographic biofeedback for urinary incontinence in women: multicentre randomised controlled trial. BMJ. doi:10.1136/bmj.m3719.
- (2020). Communicating simply, but not too simply: Reporting of participants and speech and language interventions for aphasia after stroke. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 22(3), pp. 302–312. doi:10.1080/17549507.2020.1762000.
- Brady, M.C., Ali, M., VandenBerg, K., Williams, L.J., Williams, L.R., Abo, M. … Wright, H.H. (2020). RELEASE: a protocol for a systematic review based, individual participant data, meta- and network meta-analysis, of complex speech-language therapy interventions for stroke-related aphasia. Aphasiology, 34(2), pp. 137–157. doi:10.1080/02687038.2019.1643003.
- Rose, M.L., Ali, M., Elders, A., Godwin, J., Sandri, A.K., Williams, L.J. … Brady, M.C. (2018). Tidier descriptions of speech and language therapy interventions for people with aphasia; consensus from the release collaboration. Aphasiology, 32, pp. 183–186. doi:10.1080/02687038.2018.1487021.
- Williams, L.R., Grealy, M.A., Kelly, S.W., Henderson, I. and Butler, S.H. (2016). Perceptual bias, more than age, impacts on eye movements during face processing. Acta Psychologica, 164, pp. 127–135. doi:10.1016/j.actpsy.2015.12.012.
London EC1V 0HB
Louise is a mixed-methods health psychologist specialising in perinatal mental health. Her current research includes the Methods of Assessing Perinatal anxiety (MAP) project in the UK, and the prevalence and risk factors for postpartum depression and post-traumatic stress disorder in Brazil. Prior to joining City, Louise worked at the the Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions Research Unit (NMAHP RU) at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU). At GCU she was Project Manager for the RELEASE study which examined rehabilitation and recovery of language in people with stroke related aphasia. She was also Trial Manager on the OPAL RCT which examined the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of pelvic floor muscle training, with or without biofeedback, for treating female urinary incontinence.
- PhD, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
- MRes, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
- Research Fellow, City, University London, Jul 2019 – present
- Trial Manager, OPAL RCT, Glasgow Caledonian University, Jun 2018 – Feb 2019
- Research Fellow/Project Manager RELEASE, Glasgow Caledonian University, Jan 2016 – Jun 2018
Publications by category
- Williams, L., Ali, M., VandenBerg, K., Godwin, J., Elders, A., Becker, F. … Brady, M. (2016). Creating an international, multidisciplinary, aphasia dataset of individual patient data (IPD) for the REhabilitation and recovery of peopLE with Aphasia after StrokE (RELEASE) project.