Linda joined The City Law School in February 2006 and is the Programme Director of the LLB in Legal Practice, also teaching Business Law and Practice, Tax, Mergers and Acquisitions, and various legal skills on the Legal Practice Course. She is Module Leader of the Advanced Legal & Commercial Skills module on the LLB in Legal Practice; and on the Legal Practice Course, Module Leader of the Tax module, the Mergers & Acquisitions module (formerly Module Leader of and tutor on the Solicitors' Accounts and Commercial Law and Practice modules, and tutor on the Corporate Finance module), and has a particular interest in promoting students' employability skills. She has also taught Contract Law and Lawyers' Skills on the LLB. Her legal research interests include the role and status of the practitioner in legal education, corporate social responsibility and business governance. She is also closely engaged in the study of legal education and training, contributing to consultations on the Legal Education and Training Review and having an interest in the use of technology to support learning. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and joint convener of the Legal Education forum within City's Centre for the Study of Legal Professional Practice. She was formerly variously Interim Programme Director and Deputy Programme Director of the Legal Practice Course.
Linda's professional background includes many years in corporate and capital markets practice in the City at Freshfields, followed by wide-ranging commercial practice as the Company Solicitor at Sotheby's Europe with responsibility for Europe and the Far East. In the latter role, she was also a director of Sotheby's London. Additionally, Linda has experience of marketing and communications.
As a member of the Institute of Masters of Wine (IMW), Linda is involved in various capacities in the IMW education programme and is a former contributor to, and member of the editorial board of, their academic journal, The Journal of Wine Research. She was formerly a member of the IMW Council.
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Jan 2017
- MA in Academic Practice, with Distinction, City University London, United Kingdom, 2015
- MW, Institute of Masters of Wine, Global, Jul 2001
- MA, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Post-graduate Certificate in Academic Practice, with Distinction, City University London, United Kingdom
- Diploma in Acdemic Practice, Technology Enhanced, with Distinction, City University London, United Kingdom
- Solicitors' Finals, College of Law, Guildford, United Kingdom, Sep 1981 – Jun 1982
- External Examiner, Queen's University Belfast, Jun 2021 – present
- Examiner, Institute of Masters of Wine, Feb 2017 – present
- External Examiner, University of Law, May 2015 – present
- External Examiner, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds, Jul 2014 – Jul 2018
- Exam Reviewer, Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, Jan 2014 – Jan 2016
- Senior Lecturer, City, University of London, Aug 2010 – present
- Lecturer, City University London, London, Feb 2008 – Aug 2010
- Visiting Lecturer, City University London, London, Feb 2006 – Feb 2008
- Brand Manager, Mentzendorff, 1998 – 1999
- The Company Solicitor; Director, Sotheby's London, Sotheby's, Apr 1990 – Apr 1994
- Solicitor, Freshfields, Sep 1984 – Apr 1990
French (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and German (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).