- Lundgren, M., Oksamytna, K. and Bove, V. (2021). Politics or Performance? Leadership Accountability in UN Peacekeeping. Journal of Conflict Resolution pp. 2200272110289–2200272110289. doi:10.1177/00220027211028989.
- Coleman, K.P., Lundgren, M. and Oksamytna, K. (2021). Slow Progress on UN Rapid Deployment: The Pitfalls of Policy Paradigms in International Organizations. International Studies Review, 23(3), pp. 455–483. doi:10.1093/isr/viaa030.
- Lundgren, M., Oksamytna, K. and Coleman, K.P. (2021). Only as fast as its troop contributors: Incentives, capabilities, and constraints in the UN’s peacekeeping response. Journal of Peace Research, 58(4), pp. 671–686. doi:10.1177/0022343320940763.
- Oksamytna, K. and Lundgren, M. (2021). Decorating the “Christmas Tree”: The UN Security Council and the Secretariat’s Recommendations on Peacekeeping Mandates. Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations, 27(2), pp. 226–250. doi:10.1163/19426720-02702006.
- Oksamytna, K., Bove, V. and Lundgren, M. (2021). Leadership Selection in United Nations Peacekeeping. International Studies Quarterly, 65(1), pp. 16–28. doi:10.1093/isq/sqaa023.
- Karlsrud, J. and Oksamytna, K. (2019). Norms and Practices in UN Peacekeeping: Evolution and Contestation. International Peacekeeping, 26(3), pp. 253–254. doi:10.1080/13533312.2019.1600637.
- Oksamytna, K. (2018). Policy Entrepreneurship by International Bureaucracies: The Evolution of Public Information in UN Peacekeeping. International Peacekeeping, 25(1), pp. 79–104. doi:10.1080/13533312.2017.1395286.
- Oksamytna, K. (2011). The European Union Training Mission in Somalia and the Limits of Liberal Peacebuilding: Can EUTM Contribute to Sustainable and Inclusive Peace? The International Spectator, 46(4), pp. 97–113. doi:10.1080/03932729.2011.628100.
- Di Salvatore, J., Lundgren, M., Oksamytna, K. and Smidt, H. Introducing the Peacekeeping Mandates (PEMA) Dataset. SSRN Electronic Journal. doi:10.2139/ssrn.3703503.
London EC1V 0HB
Kseniya Oksamytna is a Lecturer in International Politics (Foreign Policy/Security) at City, University of London, and a Visiting Research Fellow within the Conflict, Security and Development Research Group at King’s College London.
Kseniya’s research interests are international organisations, peacekeeping and peacebuilding, and international norms.
She serves as a Reviews Editor of International Peacekeeping.
Before joining City, Kseniya has held research and teaching positions at King’s College London and the University of Warwick.
Kseniya’s recent research has been published in International Studies Quarterly, International Studies Review, Journal of Conflict Resolution, Journal of Peace Research, and Global Governance.
- PhD, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- MA, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- BA, Institute of International Relations, Taras Shevchenko National University, Ukraine
- Visiting Research Fellow, King's College London, Sep 2021 – Aug 2022
French (can read), German (can read and understand spoken), Russian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Ukrainian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
Publications by category
- (2020). United Nations peace operations and International Relations theory. Manchester University Press.
- Oksamytna, K. (2017). Civil Society and the UN Security Council: Advocacy on the Rwandan Genocide. Partnerships in International Policy-Making (pp. 131–145). Palgrave Macmillan UK.
Journal articles (9)
- International Peacekeeping, Reviews Editor, Jan 2020 – present.