- Millward, K., McGraw, C. and Aitken, L.M. (2021). The expressed support needs of families of adults who have survived critical illness: A thematic synthesis. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 122, pp. 104048–104048. doi:10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2021.104048.
- Millward, K. (2017). Ear care: an update for nurses (part 2). Practice Nursing, 28(8), pp. 332–337. doi:10.12968/pnur.2017.28.8.332.
- Millward, K. (2017). Ear care: an update for nurses (part 1). Practice Nursing, 28(4), pp. 154–160. doi:10.12968/pnur.2017.28.4.154.
London EC1V 0HB
Kat joined City, University of London in December 2015 as a lecturer within the Health Services Research and Management Division of the School of Health Sciences. She is currently Module Leader for the Clinical Assessment in Primary Care and Introduction to Long Term Conditions modules which sit with the Primary Care and Public Health (District Nursing) teams.
Kat is a qualified District Nurse and Independent Prescriber and earned the title of Queen’s Nurse in 2017. Her most recent clinical posts have been as a Community Matron in Inner London.
- Queen's Nurse, Queen's Nursing Institute, United Kingdom, Jul 2017
- Best Interests Assessor, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom, Oct 2015
- Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber, Nursing & Midwifery Council, United Kingdom, Oct 2012
- District Nurse, Nursing & Midwifery Council, United Kingdom, Sep 2009
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescriber, Nursing & Midwifery Council, United Kingdom, Sep 2009
- Registered Nurse, Nursing & Midwifery Council, United Kingdom, Mar 2004
- BHSc (Nursing), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, Jan 1996 – Dec 1998
- BSc (Biological Sciences), University of Auckland, New Zealand, Jan 1993 – Jul 2003
- PGCert Academic Practice (Technology Enabled), City, University London, London, United Kingdom, Oct 2016 – Nov 2017
- PGDip Primary Care (District Nursing), London South Bank University, London, London, United Kingdom, Aug 2008 – Sep 2009
- Lecturer, City, University of London, Dec 2015 – present
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Jan 2017 – present
Memberships of professional organisations
- Queen's Nurse, Queen's Nursing Institute, Jul 2017 – present
- Association of District Nurse Educators, Apr 2016 – present
- Nurse Independent & Supplementary Prescriber, Nursing & Midwifery Council, Oct 2012 – present
- Specialist Practitioner - District Nursing, Nursing & Midwifery Council, Sep 2009 – present
- Member, Royal College of Nursing, Aug 2004 – present
- Registered Nurse - Adult Branch, Nursing & Midwifery Council, Mar 2004 – present