- Walker, R. and Voce, J. (2023). Post-Pandemic Learning Technology Developments in UK Higher Education: What Does the UCISA Evidence Tell Us? Sustainability, 15(17), pp. 12831–12831. doi:10.3390/su151712831.
- Toro-Troconis, M., Voce, J., Alexander, J., Vasant, S. and Frutos-Perez, M. (2021). Using Behaviour Change as a Critical Frame of Reference to Understand the Adoption of Learning Design Methodologies in Higher Education. World Journal of Education, 11(2), pp. 1–1. doi:10.5430/wje.v11n2p1.
- Walker, R., Jenkins, M. and Voce, J. (2018). The rhetoric and reality of technology-enhanced learning developments in UK higher education: reflections on recent UCISA research findings (2012–2016). Interactive Learning Environments, 26(7), pp. 858–868. doi:10.1080/10494820.2017.1419497.
- Walker, R., Voce, J. and Jenkins, M. (2016). Charting the development of technology-enhanced learning developments across the UK higher education sector: a longitudinal perspective (2001–2012). Interactive Learning Environments, 24(3), pp. 438–455. doi:10.1080/10494820.2013.867888.
- Voce, J. (2015). Reviewing institutional policies for electronic management of assessment. Higher Education, 69(6), pp. 915–929. doi:10.1007/s10734-014-9813-2.
London EC1V 0HB
Julie is the Head of Digital Education, Deputy Director and a Senior Lecturer in Educational Development. As Head of Digital Education, Julie is responsible for overseeing key institutional projects in the areas of learning spaces, lecture capture, digital accessibility, digital literacies and learning analytics. As a Senior Lecturer, Julie teaches on City's MA Academic Practice on modules related to digital education, digital literacies and open practice.
Julie has been working in the field of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) since 2000, having previously held positions at Imperial College London (E-learning Services Manager), UCL (Learning Technologies Support Co-ordinator) and UMIST (Research Assistant).
Julie completed her PhD at Lancaster University on the topic of institutional support models for TEL within UK Higher Education and undertakes research on the use of TEL within UK Higher Education through her work on the ucisa TEL survey project.
Julie is a CMALT assessor and a reviewer of the Research in Learning Technology journal.
- Principal Fellow (PFHEA), Advance HE, United Kingdom, May 2023
- PhD in E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning, Lancaster University, United Kingdom, Aug 2019
- PG Cert in Academic Practice, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, Jun 2005
- MEng Computer Science, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Jul 2000
- Senior Lecturer in Educational Development, City, University of London, Sep 2021 – present
- Deputy Director, City, University of London, Jul 2021 – present
- Fellow, University of London, Sep 2017 – present
- Head of Digital Education, City, University of London, Feb 2017 – present
Memberships of committees
- ucisa Digital Education Group, Sep 2006 – present
Publications by category
- Toro-Troconis, M., Reedy, K.J., Voce, J., Bates, E., Mills, L., Lewis, C. … Vasant, S. (2022). Learning Design in Higher Education. Measurement Methodologies to Assess the Effectiveness of Global Online Learning (pp. 259–288). IGI Global.
- Secker, J. and Voce, J. (2022). EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DURING THE “DIGITAL PIVOT”: SUPPORTING TEACHING STAFF TO SUPPORT ONLINE LEARNERS. Inted 7-8 March, Valencia. doi:10.21125/inted.2022
Journal articles (5)
- Voce, J., Walker, R., Barrand, M., Chatzigavriil, A. and Craik, A. Technology Enhanced Learning in UK higher education - 2022 pulse survey. UCISA.