- Ganeshan, B., Miles, K., Afaq, A., Punwani, S., Rodriguez, M., Wan, S. … Groves, A. (2021). Texture Analysis of Fractional Water Content Images Acquired during PET/MRI: Initial Evidence for an Association with Total Lesion Glycolysis, Survival and Gene Mutation Profile in Primary Colorectal Cancer. Cancers, 13(11), pp. 2715–2715. doi:10.3390/cancers13112715.
- Shortman, R.I., Hoath, J., Osadolor, T., Inga, P., Roper, L., Bomanji, J. … Groves, A.M. (2018). Development of PET/CT and PET/MRI Patient-Information Videos in Collaboration with Patients Previously Treated for Cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology, 46(1), pp. 26–28. doi:10.2967/jnmt.117.198770.
- Shortman, R.I., Neriman, D., Hoath, J., Millner, L., Endozo, R., Azzopardi, G. … Groves, A.M. (2015). A comparison of the psychological burden of PET/MRI and PET/CT scans and association to initial state anxiety and previous imaging experiences. The British Journal of Radiology, 88(1052), pp. 20150121–20150121. doi:10.1259/bjr.20150121.
London EC1V 0HB
John is a diagnostic radiography lecturer in the School of Health Sciences who joined the University in 2016. He specializes in quantitative research and PET-CT imaging.
John initially studied at the University of Exeter and gained a degree in Medical Imaging in 2008 following time studying and working in electronic engineering. Since becoming an HCPC registered radiographer John has worked at the Isle of Wight NHS Trust specializing in PACS and clinical audit and Gloucestershire NHS Foundation Trust specializing in Computed Tomography. Following these clinical roles John has worked as a Molecular Imaging Research Radiographer at University College London.
In 2012 John gained an Masters Degree in Health Sciences Research at the University of Liverpool completing three research projects involving computational quantitative analysis of MRI imaging in patients with epilepsy.
John currently continues his studies, undertaking a PG Cert in Academic Practice at City University. He also continues his research through a part-secondment to University College London Institute of Nuclear Medicine clinical research team where he works on projects relating to tumour angiogenesis, interstitial lung disease prognosis and improve patient experience in during PET scanning.
John is the link lecturer for City University at St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington.
In the future John is planning to undertake a PhD in quantitative neuroimaging.
- MRes Health Sciences, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 2013
- BSc(Hons): Medical Imaging, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 2008
- Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography, City, University London, 2016 – present
- Molecular Imaging Research Radiographer, University College London, 2014 – 2016
- Radiographer, Cheltenham General Hospital, 2013 – 2014
- Radiographer, Isle of Wight NHS Trust, 2008 – 2013
Memberships of professional organisations
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Society and College of Radiographers
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (3)
- Neriman, D., Win, T., Hoath, J., Shortman, R.I., Endozo, R., Dickson, J. … Janes, S. (2015). Integrin expression and angiogenesis in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): An in vivo hybrid Fluciclatide PET/CT perfusion molecular imaging study. World Molecular Imaging Congress 2-5 September, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Neriman, D., Fraioli, F., Win, T., Hoath, J., Dickson, J., Endozo, R. … Groves, A.M. (2015). Molecular Imaging of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) using 82Rubidium and 18FDG PET/CT. World Molecular Imaging Congress 2-5 September, Honolulu.
- Hoath, J. and Sluming, V. (2013). Meta-Analysis of White Matter Voxel-Based Morphometry Studies investigating Refractory Unilateral Epilepsy. European Congress of Radiology 7-11 March, Vienna.
Journal articles (3)
Clinical activity (2)
- Link Lecturer, St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington
- Honorary PET Research Radiographer, University College London Hospital