- Seale, A.C., Ibeto, M., Gallo, J., le Polain de Waroux, O., Glynn, J.R. and Fogarty, J. (2021). Learning from each other in the COVID-19 pandemic. Wellcome Open Research, 5, pp. 105–105. doi:10.12688/wellcomeopenres.15973.2.
London EC1V 0HB
Jenny currently works as Senior Lecturer in Education Development in the Learning Enhancement and Development department. Jenny is part of the academic team with a range of teaching responsibilities and has a School Liaison role with The City Law School.
Prior to joining City in October 2021, Jenny took a professional sabbatical to lead the education team at St Christopher's Hospice where she oversaw the design and delivery of education programmes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. She was formerly Assistant Professor in Learning and Teaching at the London School of Hygiene and Topical Medicine and has been in a range of education roles since 2007. Jenny is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy with a Masters degree in Education Leadership from the University of Cambridge and a BA (Hons) in Education with Qualified Teacher Status.
Jenny's research interests focus on transformative learning in academic and professional settings as well as values led teaching and leadership. She has a particular interest in supporting those new to teaching in higher education and is developing new research looking at compassion and boundaries in higher education and how these have been shaped by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Senior Fellow, Advance HE, United Kingdom, Apr 2016
- MEd Leading Teaching and Learning, Cambridge University, United Kingdom, Jul 2009 – Sep 2011
- Senior Lectuer Education Development, City, University of London, Oct 2021 – present
- External Examiner, Anglia Ruskin University, Sep 2020 – present
- Network Director - Learning Together, University of Cambridge, Jul 2018 – Mar 2020
- Assistant Professor in Learning and Teaching, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, May 2017 – Aug 2020
- Senior Lectuer, Education, London South Bank University, Dec 2014 – Apr 2017