London EC1V 0HB
Jayne is a Senior Lecturer in Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging) who joined City University London in March 2001. She previously worked at the University of Hertfordshire for two years after practising as a qualified Radiography Practitioner since 1986.
Jayne initially trained as a diagnostic radiographer at St Georges Hospital in London. She gained many years of clinical experience as a senior radiographer at various hospitals in London and Australia eventually specialising in computed tomography (CT) scanning. She worked for one year as a clinical research radiographer in CT at the Hammersmith Hospital and several months as a clinical applications specialist in CT for a reputable manufacturer of medical imaging equipment.
Since joining City University London, Jayne's main role up until August 2014 was that of Programme Director for the BSc. (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging). Jayne is module leader, senior lecturer and examiner on many undergraduate modules where her specialist area is radiation science and technology. She continues in her role as Senior Personal Tutor.
She is also the subject leader in computed tomography at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Farquharson M, Morgan J, & Thorne R (March 2008) 'TEACHING INNOVATION GROUP PRIZE, CEAP', City University London
- Willis SJ, Bland P, Humphries S, McHugh K, Poynter D, Walls D, Morgan J (2013) "Health has got Talent" - The use of tablet technology to enhance learning and develop clinical skills. SHS.
- SHS Learning and Teaching Committee - Representative for Radiography
- Radiation Protection Supervisor, Radiography, City University London
- Senior Personal Tutor, Radiography
- Moodle Representative, Radiography
- Division of Midwifery and Radiography Representative of SHS Travel Committee
- Link lecturer / personal tutor for University College London Hospital (UCLH) UG diagnostic radiography students - provide pastoral care during their clinical placements and monitor that students maintain an acceptable standard of clinical skills, attendance, punctuality, appearance and general professionalism via liaison with clinical staff.
- During the summer Jayne spends time at UCLH to update clinical experience.
MSc Health Sciences: Clinical Care, Management Diploma of the College of Radiographers (MDCR), Diploma of the College of Radiographers (R) and PgC Teaching and Learning in Higher Education; Management.
Memberships of professional organisations
- Member, Society of Radiographers, UK (SOR)
- Member, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Registered Assessor, Approvals and Accreditation Board, Society / College of Radiographers (S/COR)
- CEAP, City University London (2008) Teaching Innovation Group Prize
Farquharson M, Thorne R, & Morgan J
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (4)
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Morgan, J. and Walls, D. (2014). Collaboration and communication, developing skills for future healthcare delivery. UK Radiological Congress.
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Morgan, J. and Zuhair, R. (2014). A comparative evaluation of CT and US in the Imaging of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. UK Radiological Congress.
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Poynter, D., Walls, D. … Morgan, J. (2013). The ‘CASE’ curricula: Creative and Active Student Engagement through technology enhanced learning. Higher Education Academy Health and Social Care Conference.
- Thorne, R., Morgan, J. and Farquharson, M. (2007). A Coordinated Approach to Providing Blended Learning. BbWorld Europe Conference 1 January, Nice, France.
- Willis SJ, Bland P, Humphries S, McHugh K, Poynter D, Walls D, Morgan J, The use of tablet technology to prepare them and inform us. (2013).
Description: Networking for Education Conference
- Willis SJ, Bland P, Humphries S, McHugh K, Poynter D, Walls D, Morgan J, Tablet technology: does it enhance learning and develop clinical skills? (2013).
Description: BJR Congress series. Proceedings of the UK Radiological Congress
- Willis SJ, Bland P, Humphries S, McHugh K, Poynter D, Walls D, Morgan J, The 'CASE' curricula: Creative and Active Student Engagement through technology enhanced learning. (2013).
Description: Higher Education Academy Health and Social Care Conference