- Johnson, J., Arezina, J., Tomlin, L., Alt, S., Arnold, J., Bailey, S. … Hardicre, N.K. (2020). UK consensus guidelines for the delivery of unexpected news in obstetric ultrasound: The ASCKS framework. Ultrasound, 28(4), pp. 235–245. doi:10.1177/1742271x20935911.
London EC1V 0HB
Jacquie is a radiographer sonographer by background and specialised in women's health ultrasound before joining City as a lecturer in medical ultrasound in 2016. She is currently Joint Interim Programme Director of the course and leads the obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound and professional skills modules.
Her professional activities include membership of the review panel of the Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR) Public Voluntary Register of Sonographers and she is a past member of the SCoR Ultrasound Advisory Group. She has represented sonographers on the committee of the British Society for Gynaecological Imaging since 2014 and has organised study days for sonographer CPD on behalf of the society as well as teaching in ultrasound workshops as faculty at the society's annual scientific meetings.
As a lecturer she is committed to facilitating students' development into independent critical thinkers and effective advocates for their patients, their professional development, their departments and their profession by aiding the development of student's core understanding of the fundamental interconnectedness of clinical ultrasound practice and the wider professional, social, legal and political arenas within which ultrasound operates.
She is an established medico legal expert witness and was awarded the Cardiff University Law School Bond Solon Civil Expert Witness Certificate in 2017 and has been admitted to the National Register of University Certificated Expert Witnesses and the Society of Radiographers register of Expert Witnesses.
- MSc, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, Sep 2016 – Apr 2018
- PGCert Academic Practice, City, University of London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2018
- Certificate in Expert Witness Practice, Cardiff University Bond Solon, United Kingdom, 2015 – 2017
- Diploma of the College of Radiographers, College of Radiographers, England, Sep 1990 – Apr 1993
- Joint Interim Programme Director and Lecturer in Medical Ultrasound, City, University London, Jan 2020 – present
- Lecturer in Medical Ultrasound, City, University London, Apr 2016 – Jan 2020
Memberships of committees
- Society of Radiographers Ultrasound Advisory Group, Jun 2014 – Jun 2018
- Sonographer Representatinve, British Society for Gynaecological Imaging, Apr 2013 – present
Memberships of professional organisations
- Accreditior, Consortium for the Accreditation of Sonographic Education, Jun 2016 – present
- Member, Society and College of Radiographers Public Voluntary Register of Sonographers, Nov 2014 – present
Publications by category
- (2017). Public Voluntary Register of Sonographers: What is it and how do you get on it? Synergy News, pp. 5–5
- Torrington, J. Are sonographers advanced practitioners? A survey of sonographers’ opinions on their level of practice analysed against the Society of Radiographers Advanced Practitioner accreditation criteria. (Master's Thesis)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology. (Workshop) (2017).
Description: Workshop facilitator - Ultrasound technique and image optimisation.
- British Society for Gynaecological Imaging Ultrasound Study Day. (Conference) Bristol (2016). Organising Committee.
- British Society for Gynaecological Imaging Ultrasound Study Day. (Conference) London (2015). Organising Committee.
- Member of trailblazer group developing the Apprenticeship Standard for Medical Ultrasound. 2017.
Representative of the Society and College of Radiographers on working group drafting British Association of Perinatal Medicine National Care Principles for the management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia..