- Webb, R., Uddin, N., Constantinou, G., Ford, E., Easter, A., Shakespeare, J. … Ayers, S. (2023). Meta-review of the barriers and facilitators to women accessing perinatal mental healthcare. BMJ Open, 13(7). doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2022-066703.
- Constantinou, G., Ayers, S., Mitchell, E.J., Walker, K.F., Daniels, J., Moore, S. … Downe, S. (2023). Women’s knowledge of and attitudes towards group B streptococcus (GBS) testing in pregnancy: a qualitative study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 23(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-023-05651-0.
- Romano, G., Ayers, S., Constantinou, G., Mitchell, E.J., Plachcinski, R., Wakefield, N. … Walker, K.F. (2023). The acceptability and feasibility of a randomised trial exploring approaches to managing impacted fetal head during emergency caesarean section: a qualitative study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 23(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-023-05444-5.
- Constantinou, G., Cook, E.J., Tolliday, E. and Randhawa, G. (2023). ‘A team around the child’ professionals’ experiences of unmet needs, access and expectations in children’s palliative care services, a phenomenological study in the UK. Journal of Child Health Care pp. 136749352211477–136749352211477. doi:10.1177/13674935221147716.
- Boyle, G., Constantinou, G. and Garcia, R. (2023). Does gender influence children's and young people's caring? A qualitative, systematic review and meta‐ethnography. Children & Society, 37(2), pp. 404–423. doi:10.1111/chso.12598.
- Cook, E.J., Powell, F.C., Ali, N., Penn-Jones, C.P., Ochieng, B., Constantinou, G. … Randhawa, G. (2021). ‘They Are Kids, Let Them Eat’: A Qualitative Investigation into the Parental Beliefs and Practices of Providing a Healthy Diet for Young Children among a Culturally Diverse and Deprived Population in the UK. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(24). doi:10.3390/ijerph182413087.
- Constantinou, G., Garcia, R., Cook, E. and Randhawa, G. (2019). Children’s unmet palliative care needs: a scoping review of parents’ perspectives. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. doi:10.1136/bmjspcare-2018-001705.
- Papadopoulos, C., Lodder, A., Constantinou, G. and Randhawa, G. (2019). Systematic Review of the Relationship Between Autism Stigma and Informal Caregiver Mental Health. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 49(4), pp. 1665–1685. doi:10.1007/s10803-018-3835-z.
London EC1V 0HB
Georgina is a Research Assistant in the Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research. Her background is in Health Psychology, with key interests in family and healthcare professional experiences of children’s healthcare services. Her PhD focused on understanding the needs of families caring for a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness to highlight unmet needs, access issues and the role of expectations in children’s palliative care, end of life care and bereavement care services. Georgina’s expertise is qualitative interviewing including in-depth exploration of sensitive subject areas with potentially vulnerable participants and emotionally charged topics.
Her current role is on the GBS3 project, which explores testing for Group B Streptococcal (GBS) bacteria during pregnancy, focuses on a qualitative study of women and healthcare professionals’ views on GBS testing. This study includes a large clinical trial in collaboration with researchers at the University of Nottingham to investigate the implementation of routine testing in pregnancy in the UK. Georgina’s work aims to understand women’s knowledge, attitudes and acceptability of infection testing in pregnancy.
- PhD Philosophy (children’s palliative care), Institute for Health Research, University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, Mar 2017 – Jan 2023
- MSc Health Psychology, University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Nov 2016
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Leeds Trinity University, United Kingdom, Sep 2012 – Jun 2015
- Research Assistant (full-time), City, University London, Jun 2020 – present
- PhD Candidate (3-year Funded), University of Bedfordshire, Mar 2017 – Mar 2020
- Research Assistant (part-time), University of Bedfordshire, Jun 2016 – Mar 2020
- Visiting Lecturer (part-time), University of Bedfordshire, Jan 2016 – Mar 2017
Publications by category
- Constantinou, G., Randhawa, G. and Cook, E. (2019). P-110 Children’s palliative care: an exploration of the unmet needs of children and their families. Dying for change: evolution and revolution in palliative care, Hospice UK 2019 National Conference, 20–22 November 2019, Liverpool. doi:10.1136/bmjspcare-2019-huknc.133