London EC1V 0HB
Mr. Eroktem obtained a BEng (Hons) in Air Transport Engineering in 1996 and an MSc in Engineering (specialisation in Mechanical Engineering) in 1998, both from City, University of London. His thesis topic for the Beng was “Review of Progress Towards Joint Aviation Regulations (JARs)” and for the MSc, “Review of Airline Safety”.
Mr. Eroktem joined the Engineering Department at Turkish Airlines in 1998 as a Hydromechanical Systems Engineer where the areas he worked on included flight controls, hydraulics and landing gears and, in 2006, became a Senior Engineer.
In the same year, after the reorganisation of the Turkish Airlines maintenance division as a wholly-owned subsidiary called Turkish Technic, Mr. Eroktem assumed the role of Chief Engineer in charge of aircraft systems as part of the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) at the parent company Turkish Airlines.
While at Turkish Airlines, Mr. Eroktem carried out part-time teaching as a Visiting Lecturer at the Air Business Academy in Toulouse, France and Ozyegin University in Istanbul, Turkey. The topics covered included fleet and aircraft configuration management.
In 2019, he joined City, University of London, initially as a Visiting Lecturer and, from 2020 as a full time Senior Lecturer. He is currently the Interim Programme Director of the MSc Aviation Management Programmes.
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA), Advance HE, May 2021
- 787 General Familiarisation, Boeing (United States), United States, Feb 2019
- Presentation Techniques, Turkish Aviation Academy, Jul 2017
- IR Part M, Subpart I for Airworthiness Review Staff, Joint Aviation Authorities, Jan 2013
- B737-900ER PATS Auxiliary Fuel System Familiarisation, Aloft Aeroarchitects, Dec 2011
- Customisation & Standardisation, Air Business Academy, Sep 2011
- Aviation Goes Green, Air Business Academy, Dec 2010
- 777 ETOPS Orientation Training, Boeing (United States), Mar 2009
- IR Part M Subpart G for Operators and CAMOs, Joint Aviation Authorities, Feb 2008
- Wheel and Brake Maintenance Familiarisation, Honeywell (United States), United States, Feb 2004
- Airline Planning Seminar, Boeing (United States), United States, Oct 2003
- MSc in Engineering (specialisation in Mechanical Engineering), City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 1996 – Mar 1998
- Experimental Mechanics of Flight, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, Sep 1995
- BEng (Hons) in Air Transport Engineering, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 1993 – Jul 1996
- Interim Programme Director, Aviation Management, City, University London, Jan 2020 – present
- Senior Lecturer, City, University London, Jan 2020 – present
- Aircraft Systems Chief Engineer, Turkish Airlines, Aug 2006 – Jan 2020
- Hydromechanical Systems Senior Engineer, Turkish Technic, Mar – Aug 2006
- Hydromechanical Systems Engineer, Turkish Airlines, Jul 1998 – Mar 2006
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Turkish (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).