London EC1V 0HB
Eirini is a Lecturer at the Department of Economics, City, University of London.
Her research interests lie in International Trade, Firm Exporting, Innovation, Credit Constraints, and Applied Econometrics.
Previously, she has worked as a PhD Researcher at the Research Center of Athens University of Economics and Business, and the Bank of Greece among others, and as an Economist at the Hellenic Ministry of Culture. Before City University of London, she has taught at Athens University of Economics and Business, and the University of Piraeus. She holds a PhD in Economics from Athens University of Economics and Business.
- PhD in Economics, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- MSc in International Economics and Finance, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- BSc in International Economics and Finance, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Financial Manager, Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports, 2015 – 2019
- Lecturer in Economics, City, University of London, Jan 2022 – present
English, French, Greek, Modern (1453-) and Spanish - Latin American.
Firms and competitiveness: a novel database of Greek exporters and innovators
Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece, Lead
Investigator: Dr. Pastelakos Evangelos
Exports and exporting firms, the case of Greece
Lead Investigators: Prof. Kalyvitis Sarantis, Prof. Katsimi Margarita, Prof. Moutos
The quality of Greek exports: a sectoral analysis
Bank of Greece
Lead Investigator: Prof. Kalyvitis Sarantis
Microeconomic and macroeconomic determinants of current account adjustment: the case
of Greece (Greek trade balance)
Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Lead Investigator: Prof. Hatzipanayotou Panayiotis
Publications by category
- Anyfantaki, S., Kalyvitis, S., Katsimi, M. and Thomaidou, E. (2019). Export pricing at the firm level with panel data. In Tsionas, M. (Ed.), Panel Data Econometrics II Empirical Applications Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-12-815859-3.
- Thomaidou, E. Essays in International Trade and Quality with Applications to Greek Firms. (PhD Thesis)
- Thomaidou, E. and Kalyvitis, S. Quality, innovation, and credit constraints in exporting.