- Barnes, D. (2020). A Separate Peace? Reconsidering Post-conflict Military Occupation. British Journal for Military History, 6(3).
- Barnes, D. (2015). Think Tanks and a New Order in East Asia. The Journal of American-East Asian Relations, 22(2), pp. 89–119. doi:10.1163/18765610-02202002.
- Barnes, D. (2014). Plans and Expectations: The American News Media and Postwar Japan. Japanese Studies, 34(3), pp. 325–342. doi:10.1080/10371397.2014.953920.
Dr Dayna Barnes D520, Rhind Building City, University of London
London EC1V 0HB
London EC1V 0HB
Dayna L. Barnes is a historian of American foreign policy and East Asia in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- PhD International History, London School of Economics, UK, 2013
- Visiting Scholar, Stanford University, Sep 2016 – Jun 2018
- Pinto Post-doctoral Fellow, The London School of Economics and Political Science, Aug 2015 – Aug 2016
- Kiriyama Fellow, University of San Francisco, Sep 2014 – Aug 2015
- Fellow, Royal Historical Society, Jul 2020 – present
Japanese (can read, speak and understand spoken).
- Americas - North
- Asia - East
Publications by category
- Barnes, D.L. (2017). Architects of Occupation American Experts and the Planning for Postwar Japan. Ithaca: Cornell University Press. ISBN 978-1-5017-0783-4.
Journal articles (3)
- Reviews editor for H-Diplo, a forum for discussion on international relations, on commissioned reviews on new books in the field, and on organized roundtables on significant new studies and methodologies in the field of American foreign relations and international relations., Editor, H-diplo, Feb 2020 – present.