- Godziewski, C. (2021). Is ‘Health in All Policies’ everybody’s responsibility? Discourses of multistakeholderism and the lifestyle drift phenomenon. Critical Policy Studies, 15(2), pp. 229–246. doi:10.1080/19460171.2020.1795699.
- Godziewski, C. (2020). Evidence and Power in EU Governance of Health Promotion: Discursive Obstacles to a “Health in All Policies” Approach. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, 58(5), pp. 1307–1324. doi:10.1111/jcms.13042.
- Fooks, G.J. and Godziewski, C. (2020). The World Health Organization, Corporate Power, and the Prevention and Management of Conflicts of Interest in Nutrition Policy Comment on "Towards Preventing and Managing Conflict of Interest in Nutrition Policy? An Analysis of Submissions to a Consultation on a Draft WHO Tool". International Journal of Health Policy and Management. doi:10.34172/ijhpm.2020.156.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Charlotte Godziewski is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in International Politics. She joined City, University of London in 2022 from Aston University, Birmingham, UK. She earned her PhD in 2020 from the University of Sheffield, in the Department of Politics and International Relations. Charlotte is one of the coordinators of the UACES-funded research network on EU Health Governance.
Charlotte’s research explores the politics of health, specifically the politics of framing health issues and defining what constitutes health promotion. She has explored these puzzles with an empirical focus on EU institutions, analysing ‘health promotion’ as a site of tension between the social and economic logics of EU integration. She is particularly interested in how knowledge production, the politics of evidence, and the relationship between research and policy, shape the governance of health.
Her interest in the politics of health developed while working as a dietitian in Nepal between 2012 and 2014, where she contributed to setting up a nutrition department in Dhulikhel at the Kathmandu University Teaching Hospital. After coming back to Europe, she worked as a policy intern for Food and Agriculture at the European Public Health Alliance while completing her MSc Global Health degree at Maastricht University.
Charlotte is currently teaching IPM108 Global Governance, and coordinates the IPM111 MA Dissertation module.
- PhD, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, Oct 2016 – Sep 2020
- MSc Global Health, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Lecturer in International Politics (Global Health), City, University of London, Jan 2022 – present
- Lecturer in Sociology and Policy, Aston University, Apr 2020 – Dec 2021
Memberships of committees
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) Expert Working Group on Alternative Configurations for the Institutional Design of the European Health Emergency preparedness and Response Authority (HERA), Feb – Jul 2022
- University Association for Contemporary European Studies (2021) Best PhD Thesis Prize
English (can peer review), French (can peer review), German (can read, write, speak and understand spoken) and Luxembourgish; Letzeburgesch (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).
Publications by category
- Godziewski, C. (2022). The Politics of Health Promotion In the European Union. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-3-030-97869-3.