- Yuill, C., Harkness, M., Wallace, C., McCourt, C., Cheyne, H. and Litosseliti, L. (2022). Inducing labour in the United Kingdom: A feminist critical discourse analysis of policy and guidance. SSM - Qualitative Research in Health, 2, pp. 100108–100108. doi:10.1016/j.ssmqr.2022.100108.
- Wiseman, O., Emmett, L., Hickford, G., Knight, M., Lazar, J., Yuill, C. … McCourt, C. (2022). The challenges and opportunities for implementing group antenatal care (‘Pregnancy Circles’) as part of standard NHS maternity care: A co-designed qualitative study. Midwifery, 109, pp. 103333–103333. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2022.103333.
- Rocca-Ihenacho, L., Yuill, C., Thaels, E. and Uddin, N. (2022). The Midwifery Unit Self-Assessment (MUSA) Toolkit: embedding stakeholder engagement and co-production of improvement plans in European midwifery units. Evidence & Policy pp. 1–12. doi:10.1332/174426421x16448363973807.
- Harkness, M., Yuill, C., Cheyne, H., Stock, S.J. and McCourt, C. (2021). Induction of labour during the COVID-19 pandemic: a national survey of impact on practice in the UK. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 21(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-021-03781-x.
- Ball, H.L., Taylor, C.E. and Yuill, C.M. (2021). A Box to Put the Baby in: UK Parent Perceptions of Two Baby Box Programmes Promoted for Infant Sleep. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(21), pp. 11473–11473. doi:10.3390/ijerph182111473.
- Stock, S.J., Bhide, A., Richardson, H., Black, M., Yuill, C., Harkness, M. … Norrie, J. (2021). Cervical ripening at home or in-hospital—prospective cohort study and process evaluation (CHOICE) study: a protocol. BMJ Open, 11(5). doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2021-050452.
- Rocca‐Ihenacho, L., Yuill, C. and McCourt, C. (2021). Relationships and trust: Two key pillars of a well‐functioning freestanding midwifery unit. Birth, 48(1), pp. 104–113. doi:10.1111/birt.12521.
- Yuill, C., McCourt, C., Cheyne, H. and Leister, N. (2020). Women’s experiences of decision-making and informed choice about pregnancy and birth care: a systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 20(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-020-03023-6.
- Yuill, C., McCourt, C. and Rocca-Ihenacho, L. (2020). Pop-up’ birth centers? Considering COVID-19 responses and place of birth in England. Medical Anthropology Quarterly, June(2020).
- Yuill, C. (2018). Better Births at the Barkantine in East London: celebrating ten years. AIMS Journal, 30(2), pp. 16–18.
- Yuill, C. (2018). ‘Is Anthropology Legal?’ Anthropology in Action, 25(2), pp. 36–41. doi:10.3167/aia.2018.250205.
- Harkness, M., Yuill, C., Cheyne, H., Stock, S.J. and McCourt, C. Induction of labour during the COVID-19 pandemic: a national survey of impact on practice in the UK. . doi:10.1101/2021.01.27.21250521.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Cassandra Yuill is a medical anthropologist, interested in decision-making about care, informed choice and entanglements of policy and health in practice. Her work focuses on maternal health and maternity services, particularly in the United Kingdom, and she has conducted ethnographic research on adolescent nutrition and physical activity, parent-infant sleep and place of birth. Dr Yuill is currently undertaking research on induction of labour and midwifery units.
- PhD, City, University of London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2019
- MSc, Durham University, United Kingdom, Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
- BA, University of Maryland, College Park, United States, Jan 2008 – Jan 2011
- Research Fellow, City, University London, 2020 – present
- Research Associate, Durham University, 2015 – 2016
- Research Assistant, Durham University, 2013 – 2015
Memberships of professional organisations
- European Association of Social Anthropologists
French (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).
Publications by category
Internet publications (2)
Journal articles (12)
- Yuill, C., Soria, J., Rocca-Ihenacho, L., Reeve-Jones, C. and McCourt, C. (2018). The Barkantine Birth Centre: Celebrating 10 years as a Community Hub. London: Barts Health NHS Trust.