- Knowles, B., Hanson, V.L., Rogers, Y., Piper, A.M., Waycott, J., Davies, N. … Yuan, I.Y. (2021). The harm in conflating aging with accessibility. Communications of the ACM, 64(7), pp. 66–71. doi:10.1145/3431280.
- Barros Pena, B., Kursar, B., Clarke, R.E., Alpin, K., Holkar, M. and Vines, J. (2021). "Pick Someone Who Can Kick Your Ass" - Moneywork in Financial Third Party Access. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 4(CSCW3). doi:10.1145/3432917.
Dr Belen Barros Pena City, University of London
London EC1V 0HB
London EC1V 0HB
Belen has been an interaction designer and design researcher in the software industry since 2007, working within in-house teams, design agencies and as a consultant. After obtaining her PhD in 2021, she is now a Lecturer at the Human-Computer Interaction Design Centre.
As a design practitioner, Belen has particular expertise in Free / Open Source Software, and the design of tools for engineers. As a researcher, she specialises in financial technologies, and in engaging marginalised populations through participatory design practices.
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (5)
- Barros Pena, B., Koteyko, N., van Driel, M., Delgado, A. and Vines, J. (2023). "My Perfect Platform Would Be Telepathy" - Reimagining the Design of Social Media with Autistic Adults. CHI '23 23-28 April, Hamburg, Germany. doi:10.1145/3544548.3580673
- Barros Pena, B. (2022). Curb your enthusiasm: The dissonances of digitising personal finance. DRS2022 25 Jun 2022 – 3 Jul 2022, Bilbao, Spain.doi:10.21606/drs.2022.302
- Barros Pena, B.B., Kursar, B., Clarke, R.E., Alpin, K., Holkar, M. and Vines, J. (2021). Financial Technologies in the Cycle of Poor Mental Health and Financial Hardship: Towards Financial Citizenship. CHI '21: CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. doi:10.1145/3411764.3445251
- Barros Pena, B., Clarke, R.E., Holmquist, L.E. and Vines, J. (2021). Circumspect Users: Older Adults as Critical Adopters and Resistors of Technology. CHI '21: CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. doi:10.1145/3411764.3445128
- Elsden, C., Feltwell, T., Barros Pena, B., Nissen, B., Gloerich, I., Speed, C. … Vines, J. (2020). Designing Futures of Money and FinTech. DIS '20: Designing Interactive Systems Conference 2020. doi:10.1145/3393914.3395904