London EC1V 0HB
Athanasia joined City, University of London in December 2021, as a lecturer in Advanced Clinical Practice. Athanasia's background and interest is in advanced practice and critical care.
She is teaching primarily in ACP modules (including End Point Assessment, Professional Leadership, Advanced Clinical Assessment and Non-Medical Prescribing) and in pre- and post-registration Critical Care modules.
Athanasia was trained in Greece, but she started her career in critical care in the UK. She was working as a senior critical care nurse at University College London Hospitals until the end of the first wave of the pandemic. Following this, she then started her career in academia as a lecturer in Nursing at London South Bank University in September 2020.
- PgCert Critical Care Nursing, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, Feb 2019 – Sep 2020
- MSc Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care (Nursing), City, University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2016 – Dec 2019
- BSc Nursing, University of Peloponnese, Greece, Sep 2011 – Nov 2015
Memberships of professional organisations
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing
- Association of Advanced Practice Educators UK
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), German (can read, write, speak and understand spoken) and Greek, Modern (1453-) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).