- Delicate, A. and Ayers, S. (2023). The impact of birth trauma on the couple relationship and related support requirements; a framework analysis of parents’ perspectives. Midwifery, 123, pp. 103732–103732. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2023.103732.
- Delicate, A., Ayers, S. and McMullen, S. (2022). Health-care practitioners’ assessment and observations of birth trauma in mothers and partners. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 40(1), pp. 34–46. doi:10.1080/02646838.2020.1788210.
- Delicate, A., Ayers, S. and McMullen, S. (2020). Health care practitioners’ views of the support women, partners, and the couple relationship require for birth trauma: current practice and potential improvements. Primary Health Care Research & Development, 21. doi:10.1017/s1463423620000407.
- Delicate, A. and Coates, R. (2019). Highlights from the 39th Society for Reproductive and Infant Psychology conference, London 2019. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 37(5), pp. 453–454. doi:10.1080/02646838.2019.1673566.
- Delicate, A. (2019). The trauma between Us. AIMS Journal, 30(4).
- Delicate, A., Ayers, S. and McMullen, S. (2018). A systematic review and meta-synthesis of the impact of becoming parents on the couple relationship. Midwifery, 61, pp. 88–96. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2018.02.022.
- Delicate, A., Ayers, S., Easter, A. and McMullen, S. (2018). The impact of childbirth-related post-traumatic stress on a couple’s relationship: a systematic review and meta-synthesis. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 36(1), pp. 102–115. doi:10.1080/02646838.2017.1397270.
- Delicate, A. (2016). Another twinkle in the eye: contemplating another pregnancy after perinatal mental illness. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 34(3), pp. 324–325. doi:10.1080/02646838.2016.1175553.
London EC1V 0HB
Amy is a Research Assistant in the Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research working on the MAP Alliance study. This work is investigating womens’ and health care practitioners’ experiences of perinatal anxiety and related services. Amy completed her doctorate at City which looked at the impact of birth trauma on the couple relationship and associated support requirements. She has a background in antenatal education and third sector support of new parents, and is passionate about using research to improve perinatal experiences and associated outcomes.
Publications by category
Conference papers and proceedings (2)
- Delicate, A. (2022). Healthcare practitioners' practice of identifying birth trauma in women and partners.
- Delicate, A. (2019). Healthcare practitioners' perspective of psychologically traumatic childbirth; perceptions of prevalence, impact on parents and role of support.