- Mintz, B. and Qaban, A. (2022). The Influence of Precipitation, High Levels of Al, Si, P and a Small B Addition on the Hot Ductility of TWIP and TRIP Assisted Steels: A Critical Review. Metals, 12(3), pp. 502–502. doi:10.3390/met12030502.
- Mintz, B., Kang, S. and Qaban, A. (2021). The influence of grain size and precipitation and a boron addition on the hot ductility of a high Al, V containing TWIP steels. Materials Science and Technology, 37(12), pp. 1035–1046. doi:10.1080/02670836.2021.1975876.
- Quazi, M.M., Ishak, M., Fazal, M.A., Arslan, A., Rubaiee, S., Aiman, M.H. … Manladan, S.M. (2021). A comprehensive assessment of laser welding of biomedical devices and implant materials: recent research, development and applications. Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences, 46(2), pp. 109–151. doi:10.1080/10408436.2019.1708701.
- Mintz, B. and Qaban, A. (2021). Understanding the high temperature side of the hot ductility curve for steels. Materials Science and Technology, 37(3), pp. 237–249. doi:10.1080/02670836.2021.1882047.
- Qaban, A., Mohmed, T., Quazi, M.M. and Naher, S. (2020). The effect of Al and Nb contents, cooling rate and rolling condition on the microstructure and corrosion behaviour of HSLA steel. Materials Today Communications, 25, pp. 101362–101362. doi:10.1016/j.mtcomm.2020.101362.
- Quazi, M.M., Ishak, M., Fazal, M.A., Arslan, A., Rubaiee, S., Qaban, A. … Manladan, S.M. (2020). Current research and development status of dissimilar materials laser welding of titanium and its alloys. Optics & Laser Technology, 126, pp. 106090–106090. doi:10.1016/j.optlastec.2020.106090.
- Mintz, B., Qaban, A. and Naher, S. (2020). Further insights on compositional control and heat treatment for improving the impact behaviour of hot-rolled steels containing Nb and Al. Materials & Design, 190, pp. 108601–108601. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2020.108601.
- Mintz, B., Qaban, A., Bendke, P. and Naher, S. (2020). The influence of a high aluminium addition on the strength and impact behaviour of hot-rolled Nb containing steels. Materials Science and Technology, 36(2), pp. 233–244. doi:10.1080/02670836.2019.1701272.
- Qaban, A. and Naher, S. (2019). Evaluation of Toughness of High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA) Steels as a Function of Carbon Content. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering (IJMPE), 7(5), pp. 53–56.
- Qaban, A. and Naher, S. (2018). Influence of Al content on the corrosion resistance of micro-alloyed hot rolled steel as a function of grain size. AIP Conference Proceedings. doi:10.1063/1.5034871.
- Qaban, A., Mintz, B., Kang, S.E. and Naher, S. (2017). Hot ductility of high Al TWIP steels containing Nb and Nb-V. Materials Science and Technology, 33(14), pp. 1645–1656. doi:10.1080/02670836.2017.1309097.
- Qaban, A., Mintz, B. and Naher, S. (2017). Hot rolled high Al containing steels as a replacement for the control rolled high strength low alloy (HSLA) steels. AIP Conference Proceedings. doi:10.1063/1.5008156.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr. Abdullah Qaban’s research lies in the area of materials science and engineering, manufacturing and production, processing technologies, materials characterisation, mechanical properties and electrochemical corrosion behaviour of materials. To date he has supervised twelve UG/PG students over the last four years. He is a reviewer in the Materials Science and Technology Journal. Dr. Qaban is a member of the organising committee of the Infrastructure International Conferences.
He is a visiting lecturer at the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London. He received his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2019 from the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics at City, University of London. His PhD research is focused on the effect of alloying composition and cooling rate on the hot ductility of TWIP steel and mechanical properties of HSLA steel. The project was supported by both steelmakers, Tata steel in the UK and POSCO in South Korea.
He received his Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2014 from the School of Science, Engineering & Design at Teesside University. His Master’s research is focused on improving the mechanical properties and recyclability of thermoplastic composites.
He received his Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering in 2012 from the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Surrey. His Bachelor’s research is focused on characterising damage accumulation and strength of non-crimp fabric composite for the wind turbine blades. The project was supported by VESTAS, the world’s largest producer of wind energy.
- Fellow, The Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, Oct 2019
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, City, University of London, United Kingdom, 2019
- Associate Fellow, The Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, May 2018 – Oct 2019
- MSc Mechanical Engineering, Teesside University, United Kingdom, 2014
- BSc Aerospace Engineering, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 2012
- Postgraduate Diploma in Academic Practice in Education, City, University of London, London, United Kingdom
- Visiting lecturer, City, University of London, Nov 2015 – present
Publications by category
- Qaban, A. and Naher, S. (2019). Investigation of corrosion resistance of high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steel in fresh and salt water for pipeline application. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON KEY ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES (KEYTECH 2019).
Journal articles (12)
- Materials Science and Technology Journal, Reviewer, Oct 2019 – present.