By making an online booking, or submitting a booking form to the City, University of London, applicants accept the following Terms and Conditions
- To arrive at the venue sufficiently in advance of the ceremony start time; to collect my tickets at least 40 minutes in advance of the start of the ceremony; and to be seated at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony
- That both my ticket and any guest tickets purchased are not transferable to another ceremony, or to another student
- To submit my reply by 23:59 on the deadline supplied by Student and Academic Services in my invitation. Beyond that time and date, no further applications can be made or changes made to existing applications
- To accept that if I am not successful in my final exams and do not gain sufficient credits for my award then the invitation to graduate will be withdrawn. Or if I am permitted to resit any of my final exams, or if I choose to appeal the final outcome, I will be invited to a later ceremony provided the outcome results in successful award
- To notify the Ede and Ravenscroft Customer Service Team if I need to cancel my place, or any of my guest ticket(s). If changes are made after the purchase of guest tickets, refunds can be issued for tickets cancelled by contacting the Ede and Ravenscroft Customer Services Team up to the published registration deadline.
Tickets returned to Graduation Team at the Barbican Centre box office on the day of your ceremony will also be refunded. Eligible refunds will be processed once the ceremonies are over. Note that refunds will not be processed for tickets cancelled after the graduation ceremony has taken place.
- To hire my academic dress before the deadline of 10 working days prior to the ceremony. Academic dress is compulsory and smart dress under academic robes is requested. The City, University of London reserves the right to refuse admission to those students who do not comply with these requirements
- To bring photo ID to the ceremony venue. Photo ID is required by all students in order to collect tickets for both themselves and their guests, and to collect their gowns. ONLY the student can collect the tickets and gowns
- To enable the City, University of London to ensure that students and guests are able to participate fully in ceremonies, any special access requirements must be made known to the graduation team in advance.
Please note that by making an online booking to the City, University of London , students and their guests consent to the City passing relevant details of an individual's special requirements to the Barbican Centre (or Guildhall as appropriate) to enable any appropriate adjustments to be made
- I agree to pay any outstanding debts to the City, University of London in full. This will include any and all debts relating to tuition fees, accommodation fees and disciplinary fines. If you do not clear your debts prior to the deadline, your certificate will be withheld or you may be prevented from attending your ceremony until such time as those debts are cleared.
- If for reasons beyond the control of the Student Records Office my award has not been agreed by an assessment board by 5pm on the day of the deadline, the invitation to graduate will be withdrawn (please see the casus fortuitus statement below)
- To agree to the taking of still and video images for publicity purposes, and to the publication of individual's names and awards in the Graduation Programme.
Failure to comply with any of the above terms and conditions will result in the student losing their place at the ceremony.
There will be no late admittance to a ceremony. Where possible, entry to the next available ceremony may be permitted.
The City, University of London reserves the right to refuse admittance to a ceremony.
The City, University of London reserves the right to ask any person to leave the ceremony and/or ceremony venue if the City, University of London considers they are causing a disruption to the ceremony or other guests.
If the graduation ceremonies cannot take place or are delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of the City, University of London, including (without limitation) fire, explosion, terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act), act of God, pandemic, national mourning, or as a result of any industrial action or dispute involving the City, University of London, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held, it will not be liable for any losses direct, or otherwise, incurred by students or their guests.
The City, University of London will, where at all possible, make alternative arrangements for any students affected, but students and their guests should ensure that they have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses they might suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.